University City Long Distance Moving Companies
Did you know that August is the busiest month to move? Moving house is a life-changing event that exposes you to endless possibilities. Although relocating can sometimes be overwhelming, having the right partner will help ease the process. At A-1 Auto Transport, we believe in providing professional moving services to every person no matter the size of their move. Book your date today and let the real pros handle your move in or out of University City. We also transport vehicles.
Top tips for a painless move
- Take photos of the cord connections to your electronic devices. Most devices can only work if the cords are in the right ports. With the pictures, you can simply reconnect them without any help.
- Use high-quality boxes and packing materials. Boxes should be brand new to avoid exposing your items to harmful chemicals or bugs. Gather as many boxes as you can for the packing process to flow smoothly.
- Update your address by filling out a change of address form at the local post office or online. Give the new address to organizations, companies, or businesses that you work with. Also, contact your monthly magazine subscription services and let them know you are moving.
- Ask for a list of non-allowable items from your mover. Some of the items include fireworks, car batteries, petrol, propane cylinders, guns, and ammunition. With the list, you will know what to avoid when packing your household items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Reasons to hire a professional moving company
- Equipment: Moving your stuff up and down is going to be tedious if you don’t have the right equipment. Since you can’t hire all of them, your best option is to enlist the services of professional movers. They have dollies, stair rollers, straps, and moving pads that will make it safe for you and your items. With the equipment, the movers will lift and carry your items from one point to another with ease.
- Convenience: With full service, professional movers will pack, load, transport and unpack your stuff within the stipulated time frame. They will manage the entire moving process and all you have to do is tell them where specific items should be placed. The movers provide the packing materials saving you the hassle of purchasing them.
- Insurance: A professional moving company’s rule of thumb is – break it, buy it. They will therefore take extra care of your items from packing at your current house to unpacking at your new home. Plus, movers are insured making them responsible for replacing or repairing any of your damaged stuff.
- Professional services: Imagine planning everything only for your friends to bail out on you the last minute. To avoid this, hire professional movers who offer services you can rely on. They keep their promise and will be there on the big day to carry on with the moving process. This is their area of expertise and they will do their best to help you fulfill your moving goals.
Tips to find a trustworthy moving company
Choose a mover with experience of over 10 years. Confirm the longevity of the company by researching and asking around. It is easy to work with a company that has a long successful track record compared to a new company. Moreover, the staff of a reputable moving company should be professional whether it is on phone or face-to-face.
Check the credentials of your moving company with the FMCSA. Here, you will find valuable information such as registration details, USDOT number, contact information, and the location of their facilities. If it’s a local move, ensure that they have a license from the state they operate in.
Beware of movers who demand payment before the move commences. If you pay first, there will be no way to control when your belongings will be delivered. A trustworthy mover will only request for payment upon delivery of your items.
We offer these services
- Vehicle transport
- Coast to coast moving
- International moves
- Corporate moving
- Residential moving
- Military relocation
- Furniture relocation
Why choose us?
Our customers are the pillars of our company. Satisfied customers mean prosperity and we do a follow up to check if you received value for your money. Our scope of coverage is wide to make sure that every client gets the best services regardless of their destination. For affordable, dependable and convenient moving services, A-1 Auto Transport has got you covered.
Looking for moving services?
Get in touch with our friendly customer representatives on 888-509-3213 and pick one of our moving plans. Get your free moving quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.