Troy Long Distance Moving Companies
The city of Troy is the county seat of Rensselaer County in the state of New York. It lies along the Hudson River which provides ample recreational activities and scenic views. Troy's proximity to Albany ensures it has a share of the government and manufacturing jobs. It also has captivating collections used in the World War and American Revolution. If you have planned a move, hire A-1 Auto Transport. The most experienced moving and vehicle relocation company in Troy.
Why you need a moving company
- Time to handle other activities. Moving companies handle the time-consuming tasks such as loading and transport and leave the simple tasks to you. They can also handle the entire move which leaves you with adequate time to handle your day to day affairs.
- Valuable items. Your home might have items of great financial or sentimental value. Moving companies step in and help you handle items such as LED panels, heirlooms or fine china. They use trained personnel who have adequate experience moving such items who know how to wrap them with bubble wrap, load them with dollies and transport them in separate compartments in air-cushioned vehicles.
- You are in a rush. If you have to make your move in a few days, this can be a tricky situation. Moving companies are aware and capable of handling such situations. They are well prepared through stand-by teams that can handle your move in days. The company can also store your items as you look for suitable housing.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Checklist for a reliable moving company
- Experience. Experience in the moving industry is crucial to ensure the company provides stress-free services. Experienced companies know the different moving techniques and how to meet the customer’s needs. They have also invested adequately in their personnel and equipment to ensure they provide quality services. Use the Better Business Bureau to read the company’s profile since inception. To verify the exact number of moves a company handles per year, visit their offices and check their records.
- Permits. Verify the legal authorizations of a moving company. It ensures you are dealing with a legitimate company and you are protected in the event of disagreements. Use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to check the company’s:
- Membership. It is advisable to deal with moving companies that are members of professional associations. They are regulated by the association and trained on the best moving practices. The association also acts as the arbitrator in case of disputes. Check the American Movers and Storage Association, the largest and most experienced association in the country.
- Reviews. Check the opinion of past customers on review sites. A reliable moving company has numerous positive reviews from their customers.
Tips for a smooth move to Troy
- Schedule your move during the weekdays or mid-months. Periods that have fewer people moving result in reduced moving charges. Moving companies also offer good deals to encourage more people to use their services.
- Source for moving supplies at least a month in advance. It ensures you are not faced with shortages when packing and on moving day.
- Separate items you will need on arrival and pack them in an overnight bag. Valuables, prescriptions and personal documents should also be moved under your care.
- When packing, use boxes that have been strengthened with extra layers of tape on the bottom and along the edges. Each box should also be clearly labeled with the destination, your name, and items contained.
- Ensure you have drained all flammables and combustibles before packing them. You should also unplug electronics and defrost the fridge at least 24 hours before moving day.
- On moving day, move through the house and confirm no item has been left behind.
Why consider A-1 Auto Transport?
Adequate experience and advanced equipment ensure we provide you with the most remarkable services. We also have a hands-on approach for all the moves we handle. Our professionally trained personnel walk with you every step of your move to ensure you enjoy a stress-free experience.
Our moving services
- College moves
- Apartment moves
- Corporate relocations
- Storage services
- Packing and unpacking
- Military moves
- Small moves
- Local moves
- Senior moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
Make the switch
Reserve your spot at A-1 Auto Transport or call us on 1-888-509-3213 for even faster services. Fill out the form at the top of our page for discounts you do not want to miss.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.