Troy Long Distance Moving Companies
You’ve found a new home and as you start to prepare, you need to have a well-drafted plan to make your move as seamless as possible. To do this, consider hiring a professional moving company. Equipped with the necessary resources, they will help make your transition easy. Visit our offices in Missouri to get personalized assistance from our specialists. If you have a move to Troy coming up, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport. We also relocate vehicles.
The best tips for a stress-free move
- Pack early: Get plenty of boxes and start packing as soon as you decide on the moving date. Take a tour around your house and start with those items that are not used frequently such as seasonal clothes and equipment. Pack room by room so that you have similar items grouped together.
- Downsize your items: If you have stayed in one place for a long time, you probably have accumulated stuff you don’t need. This is a good time to declutter your house and only move with items you still use. Have several boxes set aside for items you want to throw away or donate to charities.
- Essentials: Most people don’t manage to unpack the first night at their new houses. Therefore, it is advisable to pack a few necessities like toilet paper, soap, toothbrushes, clothes, a few utensils, snacks, and drinks to help you get by the first few nights.
- Alert companies: Notify your employer, bank, insurance firms, doctor, schools (if you have kids) and utility companies of your intentions to move. This way, you'll have time to clear out any outstanding payments and collect the necessary documents.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Reasons to hire a professional moving company
- Storage options. Sometimes a move doesn’t go as planned. For instance, you might move into a house that all your belongings don’t fit in. Since you can’t leave your items outside, you have to look for storage. Luckily, if you hire a professional moving company, there is a high chance they also provide storage services. The facilities are safe, secure and de-humidified to keep your items in good condition.
- It's cheaper. When moving, there's always the risk of items getting damaged or broken. If you move on your own, the cost of replacing them will be your sole responsibility. But with a professional mover, every item is insured which means that they are liable for damages. This makes you eligible for compensation depending on your insurance policy.
- Packing services. The safety of your items is important during a move and with the help of professional movers, you can be sure they will be delivered safely to your new home. Movers use high-quality packing materials to protect your belongings from breaking or getting damaged. They will wrap fragile items and carefully seal the boxes to protect them from shifting during transit.
How to choose a good moving company
Look for local moving companies. It's easier to get information about their services and conduct by visiting their offices. Their staff should be friendly, polite and willing to answer your questions. Ask to be given contacts of references you can speak with to learn more about them. Also, check out their equipment and trucks to establish if they can handle the move properly.
Approach people you trust most in your life for honest reviews about moving companies. Your friends and family have no reason to give unbiased opinions since they also want the best for you. Ask how they would rate their previous moving experience and if they would recommend the company.
Don’t hire a moving company that has no clear working policies. You want a company you can trust to provide correct details about your move such as pick-up and delivery dates. To be sure your mover is legitimate, search for them by name or USDOT Number in the FMCSA database. Verify their legal documents and make sure they are up-to-date.
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Furniture relocation
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Vehicle transport
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Moving should be easy and fun. That’s why here at A-1 Auto Transport, we bring moving solutions that have been tested and proven to give excellent results. This is our area of expertise and over the years we've learned a lot about the tricks and tips of moving. Let us worry about the move as you concentrate on other issues.
Get in touch
Get free moving quotes by speaking directly to us on 888-509-3213 or by completing the form at the top of this page.