- Traverse City Long Distance Moving Companies
- Why You Should Hire A Moving Company
- How To Select The Best Mover In Traverse City
- The Best Tips For An Ideal Move To Traverse City
- Why Hire A-1 Auto Transport?
- Out Of State Movers Near Me
- Our Moving Services
- Contact Us Now
Traverse City Long Distance Moving Companies
Traverse City is the county seat of Grand Traverse County, Michigan. The city is among the largest cities in Northern Michigan. It’s the largest producer of cherries in the country which is why it’s renowned for the cherry festival and scenic beaches. The festival attracts more than half a million visitors annually. The wineries produce fine wines that are sold in high-end retails stores. Move to a new city, make new friends and expand your network. The Grand Traverse Bay has the best beaches, fishing and diving spots. It’s the most visited beach in Lake Michigan. A-1 Auto Transport is the most experienced and trusted mover in the city. We also handle auto transport. Visit the City Opera House, Wuefel Park and Hickory Hills Ski Area and enjoy numerous recreational activities.
Why you should hire a moving company
Moving large items such as L-couches and king size beds require strong individuals and advanced equipment. They can easily overpower you and break your limbs. Moving companies use different techniques to safely move heavy items.
- They dismantle and move them in bits
- They use sufficient and trained personnel
- Using advanced equipment such as forklifts, winches and vacuum lifting machines
You need to pack and load multiple items and ensure their safety throughout the move. Woe unto you if your helpers don’t arrive or the weather drastically becomes too harsh for moving. Professional moving companies have the experience and know the safest and fastest ways to pack. They have real-time satellite technology that warns them of risky situations such as congested traffic and extreme weather. They deliver your items safely and on time while constantly assuring you of a smooth progress.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to select the best mover in Traverse City
- Experience: Use the American Movers and Storage Association to find reliable interstate moving companies. The association thoroughly vets all the members before registration. They adhere to a professional code of ethics which ensures they have efficient services and fair pricing.
- Licenses: Use the company’s USDOT number at the FMCSA website to view the type and validity of a movers’ license. They should also have an operational household goods moving license. Use the Michigan Department of Transport to view licensed movers in the state. They also guide you on how to handle moving companies and lodge complaints in case the services were of poor quality. The department has a list of consumer complaints against moving companies since inception.
- Insurance: All companies must provide the basic bodily-injury and property-damage insurance and cargo insurance for each move. Use Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to view the type of insurance a mover uses.
- Reviews: Use customer review sites like Yelp to view how customers rate movers’ services. Previous customers share their experiences with a moving company.
- Assessment record: Check the Better Business Bureau to view how a company’s services are rated. The organization is the best known company assessor. They are non-compromising and fair to all parties. Hire an accredited mover since they are answerable to the organization.
The best tips for an ideal move to Traverse City
Scale down your move before the walk-through is conducted. Sell or donate the items to reduce the moving cost. You also increase hauling efficiency and make the process easier.
Document the condition of your items. It can be used when seeking compensation.
Formulate a budget which includes all moving items, resources and unforeseen circumstances.
Reduce the cost of moving by:
- Using friends to help with packing and loading.
- Packing 80% of your items before the movers arrive.
- Placing packed items in strategic locations to reduce the time movers spend in your premises.
When packing use small boxes for heavy items and large boxes for light items. Wrap delicate items with towels and blankets to save on bubble wrap. Label all the boxes along the sides for easier identification.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
You can rest easy with the assurance of our 25 years of experience. Our advanced equipment and professionally trained employees ensure we provide superb services at low costs.
Out of State Movers Near Me
Our moving services
- Full-service moves
- Affordable long distance moves
- Office moves
- Pet transport
- Coast to coast moves
- Storage services
- Local moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- State to state moves
Contact us now
At A-1 Auto Transport, we adhere to sustainability, efficiency and communication. Call 1-888-509-3123 and get swift and solid responses. Fill out the form at the top of our page and move to Traverse city with the leaders of the moving industry.