Bidding on vehicles in auctions today has never been easier, especially thanks to the multitude of smartphone apps that are available. You can now seamlessly bid on more than one vehicle at the same time, which can make it easier to get a good deal. However, transporting the vehicle after you win it can be a challenge if you’re not sure of what to do. Check out the following guide and you should be fine.
Pay For Everything in Full
While you might be able to arrange for different financing options, you will most likely have to pay for the vehicle in advance. Doing so brings with it the benefits of being able to pick up the vehicle right away, in which there won’t be delays and the various costs associated with it due to a lack of payment.
Go Over the Paperwork Closely
You should go over all of the paperwork closely, as you want to make sure that there aren’t any mistakes, typos, or other various errors that will complicate matters. This includes the pickup and shipping address, as well as the operating hours.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Pick the Right Auto Transport Company
You should always a pick an auto transport company that has a stellar reputation, and, more specifically, one that is able to provide insurance coverage that can cover any damages that might occur. Visit the Better Business Bureau’s website at www.bbb.org to see if a company is legitimate or not.
Plan It Out and Have the Right Documents
You should always notify the auctioneer that the auto transport carrier will be arriving to pick up the vehicle. Specify the date and the time, as otherwise, the auctioneer may not grant them access. In addition, informing them will allow the carrier to acquire a gate pass, which is what is often needed to be able to enter the lot.
Don’t Pay More Than You Have To
The vast majority of auctioneers will only allow your vehicle to remain on their auction lot free of charge for a set amount of days, usually around 5 days to a week. Afterward, they will charge you for each day that it remains there. In order to avoid these charges, have the auto transport carrier pick up your vehicle before the free days are up.
Have the Necessary Information Ready
In order to transport your vehicle without any issue, the auto transport company will need some information on the vehicle itself, including:
- The Lot Number of the vehicle
- The Buyer Number from which it was bought
- The VIN Number of the vehicle
- Whether or not the vehicle is operational
Follow the guidelines listed above and you will be able to move your vehicle from the auction lot to the port of departure right away. A-1 Auto Transport will be able to ensure that your vehicle is transported in both an affordable and secure way. Contact us today and let us help you immediately!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?