Moving is not only a very stressful time, there are just tons of different moving parts that all need to be coordinated. There is so much to do, and such a short time in which to do them all. One of the best ways to make sure that you cover all your bases is to ask the most important questions of your potential movers. With that in mind, here are some of the top questions you want to ask.
How Long In Business
The most important question to start out with is how long the company has been operating. Obviously, the longer, the better. You want to choose a company that knows what they are doing and also one that makes you feel comfortable. Always check out their background as thoroughly as you can; the Better Business Bureau is a great resource for that.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Do You Have References?
Certainly, references are not everything, but they help. How fast and ready the company is to give you solid references is also a great indication of the type of service you can expect from them. Call them, see what these references and former customers tell you. Also, check out the American Moving and Storage Association for more details.
Questions About Money & Fees
There are actually several questions you might want to ask related to the fees charged by a potential moving company. Ask them what their estimate would be for handling your move, but also bear in mind that an online estimate is not nearly as reliable as when the company physically comes out to conduct an in-person estimate.
Other types of question to ask related to money:
- Can they provide you with a binding not-to-exceed estimate?
- What are the long distance and interstate charges and rates?
- Do you charge local moves by the man hour, or by another method?
- How do you charge for international moves?
With the answers to these questions, you can determine in what direction you need to go next.
Questions Related to Safety
Obviously, you want everyone to be safe. You also want to ensure your new home is protected on moving day. So, ask them how they plan to safeguard against damage to walls and the carpet or floor. You want to understand what techniques they use and the types of protective coverings they use.
Another interesting question to ask is whether or not they provide workers compensation. This is big because if the company doesn’t do this, you could potentially be held liable for any injuries they might incur. Also, ask them how they handle any damage claims and what type of insurance they have…and what type and amount of coverage extend to you personally.
Asking these questions will certainly put you on the right track for your move. In fact, you can even use this as a quick guide or checklist to ensure that you know all of the most basic information regarding your movers.
Related Information & FAQ
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory