- What Are The Top Items To Get Rid Of When Undertaking A Pre-Move Decluttering Exercise?
- These Include
What are the Top Items To Get Rid Of When Undertaking A Pre-Move Decluttering Exercise?
You don’t need the moving company to ferry all that garbage together with things that you value. You would rather dispose them whichever way possible and retain things that you will need at your new home. These things will save you the energy of packing and the cost of the excess weight and space. De-cluttering will make it easy to pack and load items. Be specific on what you seriously need on the other side. Don’t allow emotions to drive you; be objective about what you want to achieve and stick to it.
There are many things that do not need to be part of your upcoming move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Broken furniture and other equipment: No matter how valuable the item is, when it is broken or has dent, its value goes down. You actually make it even more irrelevant when you move with it. There is push and pull in the process of moving, and the item could sustain more damage.
- Expired food, drinks, and spices: Why carry the five kilograms of rice from the US to China? No reason at all. All you are doing is adding unnecessary weight yet you can purchase the same where you are going. Food items are known to carry a lot of weight, and that could lead to very high shipping costs. If you must carry food, let it be what you will eat during the trip to your new location.
- Old office equipment: Those cabinets you bought when you were in college and are laying somewhere at the library should be left behind. In fact, if you really value them, then sell them. Those chairs and that table will take a lot of space in the truck and you will be charged so much for it. Why not dispose them, make a few coins and save on shipping costs? Or even consider giving them to the needy as a donation.
- Clothes you do not wear: You have already stayed without wearing that clothing item for months now, and in fact, you have outgrown it. Why incur a cost for a cloth you will not wear. Give it out to charity - it is the best way to do away with clothing that you don’t need. There are many people out there, such as refugees who could benefit greatly from such a donation. This is your chance to do good to society by showing kindness to those in need. When it comes to packing, clothes tend to take the lion’s share of the space available. You are bound to save on costs by only packing the clothes you will absolutely need.
Making that move while lugging unnecessary items with you is very costly and energy sucking. You will need to take time and carefully set aside what you will need and whatever you don’t, dispose of in the best way possible. Do not carry clutter with you, be smart and save those dollars.