Top 5 Home Improvement Areas That Will Add The Most Security To Your Home
The home is considerably one of the safest places for your family and yourself. However, this is only true if you have taken the necessary measures to beef up security in your house and compound after moving in. One of the common mistakes that most people make is the assumption that their neighborhoods are safe and hence, do not need any security measures. If you are moving into a new home, one of the first things that you should do is carry out a few home improvement activities and remodeling here and there to convert your new home into the home of your dreams. Did you know that taking into consideration certain areas during your home improvement could add some level of security to your home?
Whether you are moving into a new home or you are remodeling an old one, here are 5 home improvement areas that will add security to your home.
- Landscaping for security: One of the common reasons for landscaping is to add beauty to an area. It can as well, be used for putting intruders way. For example, you might consider planting thorny bushes next to your windows to act as a discouragement for anybody wishing to access your home through the windows. However, make sure that you keep any such bushes trimmed well to avoid creating hiding areas for thieves.
- Install motion-activated lights: Lighting is a great way to keep your compound clear and beautiful. In addition, it could be used to keep burglars away. Motion-activated lights are specifically ideal for this function. They are designed in such a manner that they detect any slight motion which implies that if anybody walks around your compound, the lights will be activated, scaring the burglar away.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Having solid wood or metal exterior doors: Reinforcing entry points is another way to improve the security of your home. The ideal size of an exterior door should be about 1.75 inches in terms of thickness. Such a move ensures that it is hard for anybody to break entry into your home through the doors.
- Install an alarm system: There are diverse security devices and measures that you can adopt in your house to improve its security. A security alarm remains a significant security option that you should have in your home. Most preferably, choose a system that connects to an outside service upon the breach of security in your area.
- Add sensors on the windows and glasses: Window sensors are used to give an alert in case someone opens or closes the window. They are installed as either home automation or home security systems and offer an allowance for the creation of effect and cause actions. For example, you can choose the alert method –if your window or door opens past a certain time, or when you are not around, you can automate the system to send a text or sound an alarm. Glass sensors are a bit cost-effective and ideal in case of break-ins.
The security of your home is an important aspect that you should give much consideration to as you carry out any home improvement and remodeling. If you are moving to a new home, talk to your moving company about your security needs. They could be of help –some companies offer remodeling and improvement services besides moving services.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.