Tips On How To Organize Your New Home
Organizing a home for it to look good and have everything in its place is not something that everybody can do. In some cases your mover will just unload and leave everything there for you to unpack. You cannot afford to live in such a mess; it is very unsafe. Walking around and undertaking other activities become challenging –you can trip and fall anytime and even get really hurt. If you cannot do it by yourself, you can get the professional services from a moving company to get the house organized faster. Here are some reliable tips on how to organize your new home.
- Clear the clutter: A cluttered house can be hard to arrange and organize. You can declutter your house by sorting out your items and separating what you need from what you don’t need. The unusable items can be disposed of. The ones you no longer use or need can be donated or sold just as a way of getting rid of them as you help someone else at the same time.
- Make use of every space available: Do you have enough space to accommodate all your items? First, it is recommended to evaluate the available space in all the rooms and ascertain whether you will need to use any other space in house such as the attic to keep your items. Use your checklist to help you determine where to keep each item.
- Organize everything according to its category: Organizing items according to category not only makes the house neat, it also makes it easy to locate certain items in the house. For example, you can arrange all plates together, folks, knives, spoons, cups, as so on.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Use containers to keep some items: Containers can come in handy as far as the need to efficiently use your available space is concerned. If there are any loose items in the house like toys for your kids, keep them in clear containers. It makes it easy to access them and to ascertain that all the items are available. Boxes can be used to neatly store books that won’t fit on the shelf or arranging detergents and other chemical substances.
- Create additional storage: It is no surprise that there will be some items which will not fit in the designated storage space such a shelves or drawers. In some cases, the house might not be big enough to accommodate your drawers, shelves etc. You can consider asking your mover to mount shelves and drawers on the wall. However, make sure that the mounting does not interfere with other necessary storage space.
- Zone the kitchen: Create a few zones in your kitchen for separating different items there. For example, you might have a zone for baking products, canned food, snacks, appliances, dishes, and the cooker/oven, among others. How you separate your kitchen will depend on how much space you have.
Organizing a new home requires careful thinking and consideration of the available space and items to arrange. While you might prefer giving the process of organizing the house a personal touch, you will find that hiring professional services can save you the associated stress.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.