You’ve packed up all your belongings, said goodbye to your old home, successfully navigated the stressful moving journey, unpacked all of your things, and now here you are in your new home! Now that the stress and planning are all over and done with, it’s time to celebrate. After all, you probably had a goodbye party, so why not throw a housewarming party? Follow these tips on how to host a great welcoming party, even if you are on a budget or living in a small space.
Choosing the Date and Time
As tempting as it is to send out invitations immediately so you can have your party as soon as possible, you really are going to want to give yourself time to unpack and settle in. Yes, your excitement will push you into wanting to celebrate and show off your new home, but you don’t want your guests to be greeted by cardboard boxes everywhere they step. Give yourself at least two weeks to get your house ready. Give yourself more time if your goal is to wow people with your meticulous decorating capabilities.
Making the Guest List and Invitations
Open house style parties are generally the greatest type of housewarming party to attend. These are casual, they don’t pressure your guests into arriving at a certain time, and they don’t pressure you into serving and entertaining a massive group of people all at once. This will be the most accommodating choice for you and your guests.
Next, start sending out invitations. E-vite invitations are free and super user-friendly forms of invitations to use. Plus, they can be posted on social media, which encourages more people to access your invitation and potentially show up to the party.
Invite people you know will truly want to visit you in your new home. This may include family members, close friends, maybe even your realtor. Also be sure to at least extend an invitation to your new neighbors and new coworkers, if you relocated for a job.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing Your House for the Party
Once you’ve settled on a particular theme, such as a simple backyard barbecue or a seasonally-themed event (be sure to keep it simple), it’s time to start to plan your party accordingly.
Extravagant decorations really are not all that necessary, since the main attraction is your new house. What is important is to make sure all the rooms are as ready as they can be, so you can give tours to groups of visitors.
Food and Drink
When it comes to serving food and beverages, there are a few possible routes you can take:
- Potluck party, where guests bring a homemade or store-bought dish. This type of party will be best suited if you are inviting close friends and family only, as asking a new neighbor to bring food might be a little unwarranted.
- Serve hors d’oeuvres and small finger foods, as well as a variety of drinks. DIY Bar Stations are incredibly fun too and allow your guests to be creative. This type of party suits the open house style.
Now you are all set to throw a wonderful housewarming party! Be sure to thank anyone who might have brought you a gift after the party is over.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?