The Top Areas To Watch Out For When Organizing Your New Home
If your mover has just arrived at your new home and offloaded your items, you are faced with yet another task to complete –unpacking and organizing your house. Organizing your house immediately after the move cannot guarantee you the efficiency you want as far as your house’s appearance is concerned. Hiring a moving company to help you organize your house can ease up some of the associated stress. The process of arranging and organizing your house can be involving and energy draining in the event that you do not have the necessary experience and expertise.
Here are top areas to watch out for when organizing your home.
- Living room: The living room is the first area that anybody getting into the house notices. Create a better impression by organizing your living room well. Are the couches in good position? Keep the cushions and pillows in place at all times. Portraits should be well placed, symmetrical and not crooked.
- The kitchen: The kitchen is an important area in any house and hence, needs to be in good condition at all times. Look at the kitchen cabinets and ensure that they do not overflow with gadgets or any form of Tupperware. Ensure that the cabinets contain items that you are using on daily basis. Use dividers in the drawers and cabinets to separate different items for ease of access and get containers to store cereals and food. Organizing the kitchen is important as it helps in preventing accidents and other kinds of damages.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- The attic: Attics are great for extra storage space. Nevertheless, most people tend to overlook them and let them get messier each day with unusable items, empty boxes, clothes etc. To organize your attic space, assess the level of mess, sort out the items available and decide which items should be in there and which ones are worth disposing of. Ensure that all similar items are in the same area, and label all the bins and boxes. This makes it easy to locate or identify any box that you are interested in. In addition, you can consider using shelves to hold some of the stuff.
- The garage: Organizing your garage area can give you the extra space you want in your home. It can be quite challenging to get your garage in order especially if it has been left unattended to for a long time. However, a good moving company can help you with that. Start by taking everything out to establish how much space is available as well as getting an idea on how to arrange stuff. Make maximum use of the wall space and where necessary fix cabinets for keeping out-of-season items from the floor.
- Home office: Without proper organization, home offices can remain cluttered and such a state can slow your activities. Getting your office organized is one way to make yourself productive. Ensure that your desktop does not have any unnecessary items such as books, pens, and piles of papers. Use a filing system, manage all the cables, and keep most items out of sight.
It is no doubt that organizing a house requires giving attention to different areas such as the kitchen, the attic, etc. it is advisable to get professional help when organizing your house.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.