What is The Steps of Preparing to Ship a Car to Swaziland?
The absolute best way to manage and stay on top of matters involving your car’s shipping process is by creating a to-do list. Include all that must get done in order for the automobile to be safely and legally imported into Swaziland.
As you fulfill each thing on the list, cross them off and move on to the next task.
- Begin researching international transporters months before you need the vehicle shipped out. Find a company that maintains a highly regarded reputation. They should have years of experience within the auto shipping industry.
- Call the Embassy of Swaziland after you book the transport. Find out what the current auto import policy is. Write down the information given to you.
- Start fulfilling the requirements and requests made by the country. This will include gathering documents, passing inspections, and making sure your car complies with the regulations set by the country of Swaziland.
- Begin preparing the vehicle for its travels. The transport company will have a few requests that they will hold you responsible for. These are easy to fulfill, but must be done for the vehicle and the transport specialists’ safety. Usually you will be asked to clean out the vehicle entirely, wash the exterior, and check the fluids.
- Make sure that you have a ride to the port where the vehicle is set to be dropped off at. Ports do not hold vehicles for their owners and you must be present when it arrives.
- Following the completed prep work of the car, check for damages. Look for scratches, dents and rust spots. Write down anything you notice and even take pictures. This will act as a guide during your final inspection after the transport has been completed. If you notice any damages that were caused during the car shipping to Swaziland with the transporter, inform the company immediately. They may suggest filing a claim through their insurance company.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.