The Ohio State University (Ohio State or OSU)—the third largest university campus in the US—is the flagship campus of the Ohio State Universities located in Columbus, Ohio. It offers several residential apartments and dorms for its students. It has a reputable history in offering excellent agricultural and mechanical programs. With more than 1,000 student organizations, from clubs to intercollegiate, the university has one of the most comprehensive student life programs. If you are interested in athletics, you can get a place in Ohio State athletic teams that participate in Division I. Join this prestigious university and pursue your career in academics and athletics fields. Moving to or from OSU is a big challenge especially if you have heavy household items to haul along. Leave the entire moving process to a professional mover like A-1 Auto Transport that offers you the best moving services to or from OSU.
Tips on how to make moving to or from OSU easier
Here are some tips that will be of great help to you.
- You should plan well ahead. Gather information and every detail regarding your move. You should have a clear idea on the moving date and weather, the items you are required to carry and what you should not carry. Creating a to-do list will help you manage your move more smoothly.
- Prepare adequately for your move-in day. Don’t get caught up in the last-minute rush. Once you have come up with tasks to do, get everything ready. Assemble all the packing materials that you may need, from moving boxes, to bubble wrap and tape. Buy only the most essential items. You can buy the rest when you have settled in at your new dorm or apartment.
- When packing, pack the most essential items to save on the moving cost and bulkiness. The lighter your luggage, the cheaper and the smoother your move. Avoid packing items that you can come back for later. You also don’t need to stress yourself carrying heavy furniture and pool table only to end up with no space to keep them. Better still, you can communicate with your roommate so that you both agree on the shared items each of you will bring along. Imagine carrying a couch all the way to OSU only to realize that your roommate has also carried a similar couch, both meant for the limited space in your dorm. You would have carried a table instead and let them carry the couch. You can avoid this by communicating and preparing in advance.
- Hire a mover. There are always a lot of activities to do on your move-in or move-out day. Moving to the university can only increase the stress. You can entrust a professional auto transport company with your moving process and focus on other activities.
Why you need a professional moving company for your OSU move
The moving process is tasking. Hiring a professional mover is a wise move because of many reasons.
First, you save a lot of time and energy. From planning to arranging your dorm, moving can consume a lot of your time and energy. You can leave the entire process to a professional mover.
You may also not be well exposed and familiar with the routes leading to or from OSU. Navigating the unfamiliar routes can be a major challenge especially if you are moving out of state or long distance. Transportation is the daily job of professional movers so they are well conversant with the routes and all the moving logistics.
Transport comes with risks such as accidents. Professional movers cover your goods from such risks and they also handle them with much care.
How to find the best university moving company
- Seek for referrals from family and friends
- Verify the authenticity of the license number of the mover through Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Read the customer reviews on Better Business Bureau.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Company offers you reliable services. Here are some of them:
- Full-service moving
- Low-priced and reliable moving storage services
- Renting out vans and trucks to students moving to or from OSU
- Renting out our heavy lifting equipment
- Giving moving advice to students planning to move to or from OSU.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
When moving to or from OSU, you need a mover that has built a reputation as the most reliable, affordable and experienced mover and understands concerns of OSU students. We have built such a reputation through our well-trained and friendly team, state-of-the-art equipment, timely delivery and professionalism. Transport your valuables with us today to have them covered and delivered intact.
Visit Us Today
Visit our website, a1autotransport.com/services, to find out more about us. You can also contact us on 888-509-3213 and fill out our form.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com