Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Motorcycle Shipping Cost Estimator
Believe it or not, the cost for motorcycle shipping services is more affordable than you may assume. Nearly all transport companies set low rates on their motorcycle shipping options to meet the budget restrictions of anyone interested in services. You must find a transporter that offers shipping services for motorcycles specifically. Not all transporters offer delivery services for bikes, so make sure they have the necessary equipment before you call them for a quote and to ask questions.
As a professional transporter, make sure they carry the right qualities. This includes maintaining a positive reputation and necessary licensing and certifications. Once you find several motorcycle shippers online that carry the right characteristics, go ahead and collect their contact information.
How to Use a Motorcycle Transport Company’s Online Calculator
Many transport companies offer an online calculator so that their potential customers can get a quick estimate for shipping services. Even though a transport calculator isn’t meant to give an exact cost for transport services, it provides potential customers with a quick idea of what it might cost to transport your motorcycle from one location to the next. An online calculator is the quickest way to get some sort of an idea of the costs based on the information you submit on their website. To use the online motorcycle transport calculator, simply fill out the form and submit it. You’ll notice that you’re asked for the pickup and drop off addresses. This lets the transporter determine the length of travel between the locations. Using this knowledge, the transport company can calculate fuel costs, the time it takes, and what methods of transport might work best for your bike.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Motorcycle Transport
- The more miles between the pickup and drop off location, the more expensive your shipping services will likely be.
- Modifications done to your motorcycle may change its original weight and size.
- Some methods of transport are more expensive than others. The cheapest method of shipping for a motorcycle is open air. There are also optional services such as high priority services which help get the bike delivered quicker or within a tighter timeframe.
- The time of year you ship your bike will affect the cost. In the winter months, you might find that motorcycle shipping services are more expensive due to the troubles of snow and other outside elements during the season.
- The cost of fuel is always changing. The cost of fuel at the time of your transport will also be calculated into your final shipping costs.