The Different Supplies You’ll Need To Host A House-Warming Party
Truthfully, moving to a new house is a feat worth celebrating. You may have aspired to live in a spacious home in a quiet environment away from a noisy town. Better still, you just bought the house and bid farewell to living in rented property. For whatever reason, the best way to express your feelings is at a house-warming party. Planning a move takes time with many details to ponder on. Organizing a successful and fun-filled social gathering requires similar input. You do not want to come off as a careless and inconsiderate host.
To pull off the best party ever, you must evaluate numerous factors. Principal among these is the question of what to offer your guests. Then there is the cost aspect, whom to invite and cleaning-up afterwards. What supplies do you need to keep the party alive?
- Drinks: At the mention of the word “house-warming,” guests will start to have their expectations. One of them is that there will be plenty of drinks. Depending on the theme, you could opt for a party where you serve alcohol plus other non-alcoholic beverages. On the other hand, you may choose to go with the latter only. To that extent, you need a sufficient supply of beers, wine, spirits and soda. For teetotalers, offer them tea, coffee and fresh juice.
- Food: Keep a simple housewarming menu consisting of bite-sized delicacies. You are not seeking to feed the community but just offering something small to fire up socialization. Consider foodstuffs like fries, skewered meat, cookies and pastry. If your budget allows, you may hire a caterer and avoid the hassles of food preparation.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Cutlery: You may not have sufficient chinaware for all the guests coming over. Besides, the party can come at a time when you have not finished unpacking your items from the moving boxes. Another reason could be that you want to avoid breakage. Disposable cutlery more specifically cups, plates, spoons and forks would be ideal. The best part is that it makes the task of cleaning up after guests leave comfortable. Ensure there is a sufficient supply. Also place them at vantage serving points.
- Toiletries: Where there is a party, guests must use the washroom. Stock your toilet with rolls of tissue, paper napkins, liquid soap, and air freshener. Keep these in an accessible place.
- Mobile toilet: With money to spare, you could opt for a portable washroom and place it in the yard. The idea works well for garden parties. Remember to have a point where visitors can clean their hands after usage.
If moving stressed you, housewarming provides an opportunity for redemption. Keep your guests comfortable by budgeting for a sufficient supply of drinks and food. Work with a simple menu or outsource the service of a caterer. Buy disposable plastic utensils to avoid the horror that comes with breakage or damage. Remember to have toiletries for the washrooms. Alternatively, hire a mobile toilet if you can. With these items in place, you can now let the party begin.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.