The cost of shipping a car to the Philippines is lesser than trying to find alternative ways to travel the country once your relocate. Buying a car in foreign lands is extremely difficult and so is trying to use public transportation.
Language and currency barriers can be avoided more if you have your own vehicle to get around.
While shipping a car is to the Philippines will prove to be beneficial, is it worth it? Of course. Shipping services are cost effective and affordable to most budget types. It’s the taxes charged to those importing vehicles into the country that can raise your expenses the highest.
Philippines Import Taxes Explained.
- Vehicles for ten or more passengers- 15-20% tax based off of the gross weight of the vehicle and passenger capacity.
- Private vehicles and cars- 30% tax based on engine displacement.
- Motor vehicles designed for transporting goods- 20-30% tax based on the gross weight of the vehicle.
- Motorcycles- 30% tax based on engine displacement.
Contact the Embassy of the Philippines for more information in regards to the taxes due.
Details that Play a Role in the Shipping Cost.
Aside from the tariffs and duties that must be paid to the country, you will have to pay the transporter for shipping costs. Your final shipping cost is based off of a number of things. That’s why transporters offer quotes online and over the phone. Without providing them with certain details, giving an estimate for the service is impossible.
What the Transport Company Needs to Know:
- The desired shipping services and method of transport.
- The vehicle’s make and model.
- The distance in which the vehicle must travel from the U.S. to the Philippines.
- Details about the condition of the car.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.