The cost of shipping a car to the Philippines is lesser than trying to find alternative ways to travel the country once your relocate. Buying a car in foreign lands is extremely difficult and so is trying to use public transportation.
Language and currency barriers can be avoided more if you have your own vehicle to get around.
While shipping a car is to the Philippines will prove to be beneficial, is it worth it? Of course. Shipping services are cost effective and affordable to most budget types. It’s the taxes charged to those importing vehicles into the country that can raise your expenses the highest.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Philippines Import Taxes Explained.
- Vehicles for ten or more passengers- 15-20% tax based off of the gross weight of the vehicle and passenger capacity.
- Private vehicles and cars- 30% tax based on engine displacement.
- Motor vehicles designed for transporting goods- 20-30% tax based on the gross weight of the vehicle.
- Motorcycles- 30% tax based on engine displacement.
Contact the Embassy of the Philippines for more information in regards to the taxes due.
Details that Play a Role in the Shipping Cost.
Aside from the tariffs and duties that must be paid to the country, you will have to pay the transporter for shipping costs. Your final shipping cost is based off of a number of things. That’s why transporters offer quotes online and over the phone. Without providing them with certain details, giving an estimate for the service is impossible.
What the Transport Company Needs to Know:
- The desired shipping services and method of transport.
- The vehicle’s make and model.
- The distance in which the vehicle must travel from the U.S. to the Philippines.
- Details about the condition of the car.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory