There isn’t any way to determine the cost of shipping without calling a few transport companies for quotes. The shipping process differs for each customer and there are many things that affect the final charges for shipping a car to Portugal from the U.S.
What we do know is that auto shipping services are known for their cost efficiency and reasonable service rates.
The cost of the transport is determined after some information is released to the transport company. Usually, you can get a quote by phone or online within minutes. Give them accurate information so that they can get the truest quote. By calling the transport companies and asking questions while you gather quotes, you can gain more insight.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About the Taxes and Duties for Auto Import in Portugal.
Trying to figure out the regulations stated in Portugal’s import policy can be daunting. Fortunately, this is where your transporter will become useful once again during the shipping process. They will make sure that your car not only complies with the laws of Portugal, but that you understand the exact amount that must be paid out in taxes before your car can be shipped over. The Embassy of Portugal also holds invaluable information.
The VAT for Portugal’s auto imports is around 23%. Their ISV tax is based on the cylinder capacity and CO2 emissions. An ownership tax is also charged. The percentage for this tax is reliant on the cylinder capacity, CO2 emissions, age, and type of vehicle. There are some ways to lower the cost of duties and taxes, but it will depend on the type of vehicle being shipped. Portugal offers a “green tax” to lower the taxes for anyone shipping eco-friendly or energy saving vehicles.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?