Moving is often viewed as a daunting process by most people. The intricate tasks involved in the moving process are what cause most people to consider it an uphill task. Moreover, moving requires lots of prior preparation as well as enough know-how to get the show on the road without a problem. As a student, you are considering one of your biggest moves in your young adult life as you get ready to move to or from the College of New Jersey. From what you may have heard about moving, you could be facing it with lots of trepidation. However, we are here to assure you that you will have a smooth move if you stick with us. Our company has been in the business of moving folks all over New Jersey and the entire country with good reviews. We put into practice what we have learned in our over twenty years of business moving students.
How to achieve a seamless student move
Moving as a student can be stressful especially since it is your first move by yourself. However, we have put together some moving tips to help you have a seamless relocation to or from college.
- Moving lists: You cannot underestimate the importance of preparation when it comes to moving, and writing lists is one such way to prepare. Write down each item you need to buy or source for your moving day. Additionally, you should write down each moving task and check it off as soon as you accomplish it.
- Vacuum-sealing items: Packing fluffy items like divans, blankets and jackets can take up lots of space. Vacuum sealed bags will solve this problem for you by packing away more items in a smaller space.
- Ask for help: Ensure that you ask for as much help as you can get for your moving day. Moving is a tedious process that you might not be able to accomplish by yourself. Ask friends and family to assist, or you can hire a professional moving company.
Advantages of hiring a professional moving company
You need all the help you can get for your student move. Professional movers are best placed to offer you this kind of help and here is why.
- They are experienced: Professional moving companies have lots of experience in the moving industry as they have handled all kinds of moves. Therefore you can trust them to handle your move in the most professional way.
- You are protected: The hauling and heavy manual work associated with moving is bound to cause you some injuries. However, when you hire professional movers, you don’t have to lift a finger because they will handle all the heavy lifting.
- Your items are safe: The law requires that professional movers have moving insurance. This means that your items are protected during the entire move. In case of any loss or damage, you will be able to place a formal claim with the moving company.
How to find a professional moving company
Here are some steps to finding the best professional moving company.
- Verify their credentials: Check if the moving company you are looking at is licensed, and that the licenses are valid. Furthermore, find out if they are insured by clicking on the United States Department of Transportation’s website.
- Check their experience: It is vital that you use a professional mover that has been in business for a long time. A company with a long track record that is successful is one that you can entrust your prized belongings to.
- Payment: A reputable mover will not demand a large deposit upfront. Payment for moving is always done once all your items have been delivered and the company has finished its obligations.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
We have a huge array of moving services to choose from such as local and long distance moving, cross country and nationwide moving as well as international moving services. Furthermore, we offer full service moves, full packing and unpacking services, access to affordable moving services, moving labor for hire, customized moving trucks, professional estimates, pool table transport, moving storage and auto transport.
Advantages of moving with us
Over and above offering you a wide array of moving services, we also have lots of experience having been in the moving industry for over twenty years. Moreover, we are fully licensed and insured with great reviews from the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, we have memberships with the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover.
Make the right choice
Call us today by dialing 888-509-3213 for all your moving services. Furthermore, you can reach us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.