Believe it or not, the cheapest way to ship a car to Costa Rica is through an experienced international transport company. Even with the extra protection provided and lesser risk involved, you can’t find shipping services at a better cost.
Relocating a vehicle to another nation can’t be managed by inexperienced individuals. Ships, shipping containers, durable transport equipment, and knowledge of foreign import policies are all necessary for a successful import.
Shipping services aren’t the only cost associated with the transport that you’re expected to pay. Costa Rica has rather high tax and duty rates. These rates are based on the value of the car as well as other details involving the vehicle. Call the Embassy of Costa Rica to ask about the import regulations and current tax rates for automobiles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Open Air Transport Is the Cheapest Shipping Service for Vehicles.
Open air shipping services are very popular among frequent transport customers, including car dealerships and manufacturers. Often referred to as RO/RO shipping, open air services are best for shorter distances of travel and or multiple vehicle transports. Although the vehicles are left open to poor weather conditions and other outdoor elements, it is very rare for accidents to occur.
All professional transporters carry insurance coverage on the cars they are responsible for delivering. This guarantees that their value is protected. If any damages or accidents happen during the vehicle’s transport to Costa Rica, they’re paid for by the insurance company after a claim has been filed.
Days before your car’s transport date, clean the car out and get it ready. When you send your car to another country through RO/RO shipping, it mustn’t have anything but floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire inside of it. Any extra weight will raise the cost of your overseas transport.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory