Summerfield Long Distance Moving Companies
Every year millions of Americans move from one premises to another for a variety of reasons. Some of these reasons include leisure, new career or business opportunities, a bigger home or better neighborhood. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc, we know and understand that the thought of moving to a new place can be very exciting. We also know that the thought of having to pack items, disassemble and load onto moving trucks can take the joy away from the excitement of moving. We specialize in offering a variety of our moving services in Summerfield and North Carolina. We also offer vehicle-shipping services.
Common complaints when using movers
Many professional movers will try to ensure that they deliver their moving promise to you. However, some issues may still arise because of factors beyond the control of the movers that could result in some of the following complaints:
- Late delivery: A mover should ensure that you receive all your items at your new premise by the date indicated in the bill of lading in what is known as ‘reasonable dispatch’ clause.
- Damaged or lost items: Though due diligence may be exercised when loading and offloading, you will sometimes find that some items may be damaged or lost.
- Charges exceeding 110% of the written estimate: Some movers may give you unusually low quotes that attract you to hire them. However, they may have a number of hidden charges that could increase your overall bill. In such cases, the movers will refuse to part with your property till you pay them in full.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Late delivery: The mover will be liable to compensate you for any expenses incurred while you waited for your delivery. You should keep all your expenditure receipts (accommodation and meals) to allow you to claim for the inconvenience caused. You should file the complaint within nine months of the delivery.
Damaged or lost items/ Charges exceeding 110% of original estimate.
- A precautionary step when dealing with movers is to find out their policy on repairs or replacement before you sign off on any paperwork. If your items get damaged or lost, you can send a written claim to the company within 9 months of the delivery of your items.
- Many long distance movers are registered with AMSA. If your mover is registered with them, you can submit your complaints through their website and they will try to act as an arbitrator.
- For court arbitrations, it helps to have proof of the damage done, proof of value of the item and/or receipts of expenditure in the case of late delivery. This should be a last resort if all other options have failed, because it can be a tedious and expensive process.
A-1 Auto Transport Services
We are the preferred mover in Summerfield and the entire region of North Carolina because of our diverse value-add services in:
- Moving bulky articles such as pool tables
- Coast-to-coast moves
- Exclusive use of our delivery trucks
- Hoisting and rigging services for bulky articles or in the event of narrow pathways
- Residential and apartment moves
- Furniture and equipment moves
- Pet and animal transport
- Commercial relocation
- Seniors moves
The A-1 Auto Transport Inc differentiator
We have many key skills and assets that are unique to us that continue to give us an edge in serving our clients these include:
- Technological edge: We continue to keep up with the latest technological innovations and infrastructure. Our aim is to increase efficiency in all our operations for both our staff and clients. One of our key differentiator is the satellite based real-time tracking system for all our shipments. This gives our clients greater control in tracking the whereabouts of their items.
- Diverse fleet: We have and continue to invest in specialized trucks in different sizes that address the various needs of our diverse clientele.
- Free services: Whilst other companies will charge you for local area assessments, written estimates or for not booking a move in advance, at A-1 Auto Transport Inc we go out of our way to accommodate your needs for free.
- Experience: Our 20 plus years of experience in the industry have set us apart in terms of the skills and lessons we have learnt along the way.
Get a quote tailored to your budget
We would love to be your moving partner in Summerfield. Get a customized quote tailored to suit your needs by filling the form at the top of the page. You can also write to our customer service team on email@example.com or contact our call center on 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.