How To Ship Your Subaru
Before shipping your Subaru, here are a few factors you should consider.
There are many auto transport service providers in the industry, all offering different services at different prices. Before making that commitment, understand what exactly you want with your vehicle, and use those specifics to narrow down the search field. Looking through shipping companies online is easy, and there are tools which enable potential clients compare quotes from different automobile shipment outlets.Comparing prices can reduce one’s expenditure by up to 70 per cent.
Pickup and delivery
There are two options when it comes to pick up and delivery, door to door and terminal based delivery. Door to door is typically more expensive, and understandably so. However, if you have the means and time to transport the car between the container terminals and the final address at both ends of the auto transportation then go for the terminal based service.
Shipment is either domestic or international. For domestic shipmen, there are many options, and depending on one’s budget and the urgency, they can choose between road, rail or air transport. In terms of road transport, there are three shipping alternatives.
- One can either choose between the open or enclosed single vehicle carriers
- Multi-car trailer trucks carry about three cars at a time, without stacking them
- Multi-level car carriers are the biggest, often having up to 10 vehicles on board, stacked at different levels.
The decision typically depends on the dimensions and specific need of the vehicle. For instance, a luxury or vintage car might require the specialized attention of an enclosed single vehicle carrier. This reduces chances of damage from other vehicles or weather elements. Consider the size of the vehicle when shipping. It is sometimes advisable to remove such accessories as spoilers. This is safer and reduces the chances of the shipment attracting additional charges.
For overseas shipment, the options are either freight or air. Air transport is obviously the most expensive. It is also exclusive and extremely fast, so depending on one’s needs it can be the most convenient. Ocean freight shipment also comes in two options.
- The vehicle can either be driven into the ship and secured in storage below deck, or
- The vehicle can be secured in a container
Both options should be perfectly safe, although when secured below deck the chances of encountering accidents or damage from other cars is higher.
Before the shipment
A fair amount of preparation is required to get the car ready for shipment. It is important to remove all personal belongings from the vehicle for several reasons. Any damage to personal belongings might not be covered by insurance. The shipment process might damage the personal effects in the vehicle, or have them damage the car. It is important to wash the car carefully and take not of the physical condition before handing it over. If possible, take pictures of the vehicle at the moment of pick up. It might be necessary to disable the alarm especially if it is to be loaded below deck in a ship.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?