Sturgis Long Distance Moving Companies
The city in Joseph County was named after a judge and a lady who baked tasty biscuits for the first governor of Michigan. It shares a border with the state of Indiana which means the residents can enjoy fair trade and festivals from the nearby cities of Northern Indiana. Learn about the formation of Sturgis at historical museum and the Trojan Timber Park. Move to a different area and reinvent yourself. Sturgis welcomes all residents and honors prominent figures and visitors during the Kick off City Michigan Week. Hire A-1 Auto Transport for smooth moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Peace of mind: Relocations are never easy. Professional moving companies work to make your move stress free. They have a high rate of success with each move. They handle your items safely and deliver them on time. They can also handle the entire move which ensures you have time to handle other tasks like changing your address and saying your goodbyes.
- Heavy lifting: Moving involves lifting and carrying stacked boxes and heavy items to and from the moving vehicle. This is a risky task since you could easily slip and break a limb. Moving companies have personnel that can safely lift your items and ensure their safety. They also use advanced equipment and different techniques which reduce the amount of energy required to move your items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to choose a reliable moving company
Check the AMSA for quality state to state and international movers. All members are thoroughly vetted before registration. They are guided by a professional code of ethics which ensures they deliver incredible services at affordable rates. The association has a well-documented channel on how to solve disputes. All members have a Promover logo which distinguishes them from the rest.
Key in the company’s USDOT carrier number at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to view company’s compliance with government rules and regulations. Check the scope and validity of their household goods moving license. The company should also provide insurance for all your items and the building where the move is being conducted.
Use customer review sites like Yelp to view past customer reviews. Alternatively, use the company’s customer testimonials page. Check the number of reviews posted daily and estimate the number of moves a company handles annually. Also, check how they respond to customer complaints.
When signing the contract, it’s advisable to have a witness or professional in case there are clauses you can’t comprehend. Avoid companies that ask for a deposit of more than 30% of the total moving charge.
The best moving practices
- After choosing the most reliable moving company, set a moving date during the winter and spring season. There are fewer people moving and most reliable movers are available. You can also negotiate for reduced moving charges.
- Downsize your move by selling or donating items you no longer use. They use up limited space in your new house and reduce your hauling efficiency.
- Separate utilities and pack them in an overnight bag. They are very handy for the first few days as you adjust in the new house.
- Take pictures of the house set up to have it easy when arranging the new house. It also helps when re-installing your electrical appliances.
- When packing, fill the boxes to the top and seal to avoid them crushing in. Avoid packing cleaning agents or flammable items since the company inspects your belongings.
- Move your personal and valuable items in your car. Some items are valuable and any damage or misplacement is irreversible.
- Stop by the post office or visit the USPS and change your address. It’s important to receive your mail at the new house.
A-1 Auto Transport moving services
- Long distance house moves
- Long distance government moves
- Military moves
- Pool table moves
- Pet transport
- Local moves
- Commercial relocations
- Piano moves
- Storage services
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
As one of the largest shipping companies, we operate across the entire country and its overseas territories. We have consistently delivered remarkable services over our 25 years of existence. This has earned us numerous awards and recognitions from professional bodies like the Environmental Protection Agency, Better Business Bureau and Corporate Critic.
Check us out
If you need a stress free moving experience, A-1 Auto Transport is the company to choose. Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and book your moving date. Fill out the form at the top of our page and experience premier moving services.