Streator Long Distance Moving Companies
With moving, there’s a lot to look forward to; meeting new people, exploring the new city, and making your own decisions. But before you move, some things need to be done such as packing and planning how to transport your belongings. Your best option is to hire a professional moving company like A-1 Auto Transport. We are based in Illinois and understand everything that entails moving. We offer a variety of unique moving services including vehicle transport. Let us help you relocate to Streator in style.
Top 5 moving tips
- Use up all your food and clean the refrigerator before moving out. Packing food is tricky and may mess up other items in case it spills.
- If you have young kids, it’s a good idea to find a friend or babysitter to take care of them on moving day so that you can focus on the tasks at hand.
- Check the new place before you move in. Make sure that everything is in good working condition including water and electricity. Check if the walls need painting or if there’s anything that needs fixing. This way, you will be sure you’re moving into a house that’s ready for settling in.
- Find a good mover that will help you plan and organize the move. Make early reservations since most moving companies run on a tight schedule and booking late may lead to inconveniences.
- List down all your household items to make it easy to account for anything that's missing. If your mover inventories your belongings, compare the two lists to make sure that everything is listed.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company
- Professional movers keep their word and will show up as agreed. Since they have a reputation to build, they can’t risk failing to honor the agreement. Your friends, on the other hand, have other responsibilities to attend to and you cannot be sure if they’ll turn up.
- To quickly move heavy and bulky items like furniture, you need to have the right tools. Since you can’t hire all the required equipment, it’s wise to hire professional movers. They are well equipped and trained to use the equipment to ensure your items are loaded and unloaded safely. They also use special materials to protect your belongings from dents or scratches.
- Peace of mind. Moving involves a lot of activities that are tedious, and it’s impossible to move by yourself. By hiring a professional moving company, you’ll be relieved of all the stress of relocating thus getting the time to focus on other issues such as setting up your utilities and looking for new schools for your kids.
How to find a good moving company
Compare the moving estimates of at least three moving companies before picking the most affordable one. However, beware of companies charging very low prices as this may indicate lack of experience or the company not being legitimate.
Visit the FMCSA database to determine if the moving company you consider hiring is compliant with the federal regulations. If you’re moving out of state, your mover should have a valid USDOT Number. If it’s a local move, your mover should obtain a license from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Consider movers who are insured. You want to be sure that your household items will be delivered to your destination in one piece and in case of an accident, you’ll be compensated. The law requires all movers to be insured and you can verify their details with the Licensing and Insurance Public.
Go for a mover certified by IMAWA. The association safeguards the interests of consumers by ensuring its members are properly evaluated and follow the best professional business practices. Visit their database and select a mover that meets your requirements.
We specialize in the following services
- Office relocation
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Furniture relocation
- Vehicle transport
- Interstate and in-state moving
- Commercial moving
- Local and international moving
- Cheap Streator movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have the necessary resources to handle your move to any destination. With over 25 years in the business, we have a well-established system of operation that ensures your household items are delivered without delay. Our team is the best in the market hence you don’t have to worry about the safety of your belongings. A-1 Auto Transport is here to give you a great moving experience.
Our customer representatives are available to take your calls 24/7. Call us today on 888-509-3213 and book your moving date. Get your free moving quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.