Safe & Reliable Stratford Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
If you need a vehicle shipped to or from Stratford, Connecticut, this guide will help you determine the type of service you need, and find the right company to move your car. If you’re a first time shipper, be sure to read the tips below about working with auto shippers and how to research them. If you’re looking for a company in the area that ships to and from Stratford, we’ve included a directory at the bottom of the page.
Moving your car to Connecticut: learn more.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Stratford to Boston||$152||152 miles||1 - 2 days|
|Stratford to Chicago||$507||676 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Stratford to Indianapolis||$585||780 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Atlanta to Stratford||$702||936 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Stratford to Minneapolis||$760||1268 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Salt Lake City to Stratford||$1116||2233 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Los Angeles to Stratford||$1140||2851 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Phoenix to Stratford||$1239||2478 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Stratford Auto Transport Services
- Other Vehicle Types - Any auto mover will be able to ship standard sized cars and small trucks, as well as motorcycles (assuming they’re in running condition). There are, however, a few types of vehicles that require special care and handling--something you should make sure they have ample experience with before hiring them. Here are a list of the services and types of vehicles that may require specialization or specific experience when shipping:
- Luxury, exotic and high-end cars
- Classic and vintage cars
- Motorhomes and RVs
- Quads, trikes, and ATVs
- Construction equipment and heavy machinery
- Boats and yachts
- Oversize vehicles and large trucks
- Inoperable vehicles
- International shipments
- Recommendations - There are plenty of resources available if you need a recommendation for an auto shipper, however, you should approach online reviews with some caution. There are some websites, such as Yelp and Transport Reviews, which are widely used by consumers that need some advice on a product or service, but these are not always the best place to look for a car shipper. The problem with these reviews, like online testimonials, is that they can be manipulated. Yelp has even been criticized for altering the position of reviews to benefit their own advertising purposes--a practice that was protected by a recent court ruling. So this raises the question of where you can find a good recommendation for a car shipping company. Car dealerships and rental agencies are one of the best options since they regularly have interaction with auto transporters. Local real estate agents and property managers are also a good resource for a recommendation. If you’re fortunate enough to know someone who’s shipped a car in the past, it’s always a good idea to ask them about their experience and if they have a company they would recommend.
- Researching Shippers - Before agreeing to terms with an auto shipper and putting down a deposit (if required), you’ll want to visit the FMCSA auto transport database to check the status of their license and operating authority. With either the company name or any of the license numbers they’ve been assigned, you can look up information about performance and safety records, as well as if they have active status as an auto carrier. You can also find out where the main company office is located, which can be helpful since it’s not always easy information to find. There’s also information about whether a company acts as a carrier or a broker, which can be helpful if you have a preference.
Visit the official website for the Town of Stratford, Connecticut to find out about other businesses in the area and the services they offer.
Stratford, CT Auto Transport Directory
Universal Auto Transport
Universal Auto Transport ships to all 50 states and will transport anything from cars to heavy machinery. They are fully insured and have both door-to-door and terminal shipping available in Stratford.
2911 Dixwell Avenue #106, Hamden, CT 06518
Auto Transport LTD
In business since 1978, Auto Transport Limited delivers vehicles anywhere in the U.S. They specialize in moving cars between the northeastern U.S. and Florida.
21 Gramar Avenue, Prospect, CT 06712
A-AAA Auto Transport LLC
A-AAA Auto Transport offers a variety of services to customers, including delivery to any location in the U.S. and they haul virtually any type of vehicle. They also offer international auto transport and can ship inoperable cars and non-running vehicles.
65 High Ridge Rd, Stamford, CT 06905
Stratford includes ZIP codes:
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.