Sterling Heights Long Distance Moving Companies
There are many things to consider with an impending move, but the most important one is to hire an experienced moving company based in Michigan. For close to 30 years now, we've consistently delivered services of superior quality to clients across the globe. So, if you have a move to Sterling Heights coming up, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport. We offer military and vehicle relocation among other services.
Tips to make moving house a breeze
- Use Ziploc bags to pack bottles containing liquids that can spill and damage the other items. Group the items depending on their usability. Don’t pack toothpaste with cleaning soap!
- Make your bed as soon as you arrive at your new house. The last thing you want is making it when you’re exhausted from the long journey and all the unpacking. With the bed set, you can simply crawl in and take a well-deserved nap.
- If you have pets, make arrangements to have someone take care of them on moving day. Pets get over excited with a change of environment and this may slow down the movers. Additionally, check with your movers if they offer pet transport and make sure the conditions are conducive.
- Avoid ordering food if you have less than a week to move out. Perishable food will not last the long journey and you risk damaging the other items. To avoid wastage, give any remaining food to your family or friends.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
4 reasons why you need a professional moving company
- Reliability: Professional movers, unlike friends, will keep their word and show up at your doorstep to carry out the move. They are trained for this type of work and will help you move within the shortest time possible. Professional movers rarely fail to show up since they have a reputation to build and a contract to honor.
- Trucks: When you hire a professional moving company, their experts will take one look at your household and suggest the right truck size to accommodate your items in a single trip. You can’t use just any truck. The mover’s trucks are fitted with air suspension to further protect your items during transit.
- Protection for your items: The law requires moving companies to provide the basic insurance cover of $0.60 per pound per item. Although this is helpful, it’s wise to purchase additional coverage for additional protection for your expensive items. Talk to your mover and decide the best policy to cover your belongings.
- Professional services: Moving companies do more than just transport your household items. They are friendly, courteous and willing to help you relocate with less difficulty. They know how to plan a move efficiently and make sure there are no glitches. They offer services you can rely on.
Ways to find a trustworthy moving company
Don’t hire a moving company before doing thorough research to establish its credibility. With the number of moving scams on the rise, it’s safe to hire a ProMover member. This initiative by the American Moving and Storage Association protects consumers from falling prey to rogue operators by subjecting movers through rigorous background checks. A mover can only be certified if they adhere to the association’s Code of Professional Ethics.
Is your mover licensed? A reliable moving company complies with the federal and state regulations. If it’s an interstate move, the mover should have a USDOT Number displayed on their trucks and website. Local movers should be licensed by the Michigan Public Service Commission.
Find out how long the moving company has been in operation. Experienced movers offer better services than movers who are just starting the business. Gather as much information about your mover as possible so that you're sure about your choice. You can never be too careful when it comes to entrusting strangers with your possessions.
We offer these services
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Vehicle transport
- International moves
- Full-service package
- Storage options
- Packing materials
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Backed by our long successful track record, we believe in providing exceptional moving services to everybody at affordable rates. At A-1 Auto Transport, every move is unique. Whether you're moving next door or crossing over to another state, our teams are available 24/7 to make sure everything goes according to plan. We offer reliable, efficient and professional moving services custom-made just for you.
Get in touch
Make your reservation today by calling us on 888-509-3213. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.