Moving has long been termed a daunting task by many people. Despite this, people all over the world move each year for various reasons. One of the most common reasons for moving is to make the commute to work easier, followed closely by the desire to upgrade to a better neighborhood. These statistics are true especially for young families with children between the ages of 4-12 years. Students however tend to move for a fairly universal reason, that is, the need to move to or from a university like the State University of New York Upstate Medical University. A student like you will move in order to live within the campus grounds or as near as possible, or to an apartment once they have attained their undergraduate degree. This notwithstanding, students will encounter the same challenges that older folks do when moving. However, we at A1 Auto Transport are here to remedy that by preparing you well for your move to or within New York.
How to hack your student move
It is important that you master your student move from the get-go in order to have a stress-free relocation. These tips should go a long way in helping you to achieve this.
- Ask for help: There is no shame in asking your friends and family to lend you a hand to your moving. Not only will this ensure that you are not swamped by all the tasks, it will also get you ready for the moving day.
- Delegate tasks like a pro: Getting help alone cannot be any good if you do not use the help wisely. Plan to assign tasks to different people based on your understanding of their tasks. Your overly systematic mum will be best placed folding clothes away into the moving boxes, while your muscular best friend will come in handy for the heavy lifting.
Reasons to hire a professional moving company
Getting help from family and friends is great and cheap. However, a professional company comes with far greater benefits like the ones outlined below.
- No heavy lifting for you: Leave the heavy lifting to the professional moving crew on moving day. They are trained on the best practices to employ in order to avoid any injuries, while you are not. Furthermore, heavy lifting comes with fatigue; now you won’t have to deal with that.
- Prevent any injuries: Since you won’t be doing any heavy lifting, the risk of getting injured is completely removed. Heavy lifting injuries are extremely painful and may debilitate you for a while.
- Peace of mind: Nothing brings peace of mind during moving than the knowledge that a team of professionals are handling your items. You can now get excited about moving to start a brand-new life as an adult.
What to remember when hiring a professional mover
There are tons of moving companies out there, but you need to remember these tips before contracting one to your student move.
- They should be licensed and insured: For a professional mover to operate in your state or even nationwide, they should have the correct licenses. You can find this by checking their credentials on this website. Furthermore, an insured company means that your items are safe during the move.
- A well-detailed contract: With a well detailed contract, you will not have any surprise costs coming up on the moving day. Furthermore, a well detailed contract will not have any surprises for you to deal with when your back is against the wall.
- A good reputation: A professional moving company with a good reputation has worked hard to ensure that they are only providing the best service to their clients. Research on customer reviews and avoid movers that have a long history of customer complaints.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services at A1 Auto Transport Inc
We have a wide array of moving services that you can choose from. We offer full service moves, moving labor for hire, access to affordable moving companies, university dorm arrangement, apartment moving, door to door moving, professional moving estimates, free moving advice, clean and secure moving storage and auto transport.
Advantages of moving with us
We have been in business for over twenty years with great reviews from customers and the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore, we are fully licensed and insured with valid memberships with the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover.
Make the smart move
Call us today via 888-509-3213 for all your queries and solutions to your moving needs. You may also contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.