State University of New York Maritime College (SUNY Maritime) is a maritime college found in Bronx, New York. It is located in the historic Fort Schuyler, standing on the Throggs Neck peninsula at the point where the East River meets Long Island Sound. It is among the only seven maritime academies granting degree in the US. It offers Bachelor of Engineering degrees in marine, facilities, mechanical and electrical engineering. It also offers electrical and electronic system, marine electrical, and naval architecture. Join the college and undertake engineering courses accredited by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Every student finds an opportunity to choose to either earn a U.S. Coast Guard license or complete credit-bearing professional internships. When you graduate, you are pretty ready and prepared to start your career. Moving to SUNY Maritime is tasking, especially if it is a long-distance move. Hiring a mover can be of great help to you. A-1 Auto Transport offers moving services to and from SUNY Maritime.
Tips on how to make moving to or from SUNY Maritime easier
Here are some of the tips that you should keep in mind.
- Plan well: A moving plan is important if you want a smooth move. You have got to know early enough whether you are moving into an apartment or a dorm and prepare accordingly. Communicate with your roommate and agree on the shared items to carry.
- Be cautious of the weather: Midday temperatures, especially during later summer, can be brutal. Plan your move carefully. When loading, ensure you put the boxes containing items that cannot hold up to high temperatures for long where they can easily get unloaded first. Such items include aerosol sprays, candles, electronics that can easily melt, among other items.
- Pack the most essential items only: Before you start packing, reduce the load you will carry by selling, donating or storing some items. Pack only the most essential items to cut down on the moving cost.
- Get the packing materials and tools ready: Get moving boxes, tape, bubble wrap and other packing material ready. You can also get the necessary equipment such as duct tape, a pair of scissors, doorstop, markers, among other basic tools.
- Hire a mover: Getting the mover with the best rates and experience can help you ease your move.
Why you need a professional moving company for your SUNY Maritime move
Professional movers come with a lot of benefits.
- They insure your household goods giving you peace of mind.
- They deliver your goods intact and on time because they have the necessary equipment and an experienced labor force.
- They save a lot of time and hassle. Professional movers do everything for you, from packing to arranging your dorm, right on time. You don’t have to go through the tedious packing process, loading, heavy lifting and transportation.
- Movers understand the weather, the road and all the moving rules and regulations from state to state and internationally.
How to find the best university moving company
Do some digging online to see what other people say about the company. Check out the customer reviews on the website and the mover’s social media platforms such as Google+, Facebook and Yelp. You can also visit Better Business Bureau to get more information about customer reactions.
Get their license numbers and verify them on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
Whether you are moving to SUNY Maritime as a freshman or moving out after completing your course, you have to haul a lot of heavy moving boxes and furniture. We save you from the hassle by:
- Giving you full service moving from packing to arranging your dorm or apartment.
- Offering flexible and affordable storage services. You can view our rates by visiting our website or calling our receptive customer care.
- If you are moving by yourself and you need moving advice, our experts are always ready to help you.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We believe that student life should be full of amazing adventures and self-discovery. You need time to study and socialize. We, at A-1 Auto Transport Company, offers you efficient, timely and reliable moving services at student friendly rates. When you move with us, you get a rare opportunity of being served by a friendly and professional team. Your household goods also get handled by state-of-the-art equipment and you get assured that they will arrive intact.
Contact Us Now
Find out more about our services by contacting us on 888-509-3213 or visiting our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Fill out the form and get a free non-obligation quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.