Along Lake Ontario’s shore in Oswego, New York, stands the State University of New York at Oswego (SUNY Oswego) - a public college. Since its establishment in 1861, SUNY Oswego has a record of more than 80,000 living alumni. With two main campuses and four schools, it offers over 100 academic programs from bachelor’s degree to advanced certificate-level courses. SUNY Oswego prides itself in being the only SUNY campus that offers a degree in Software Engineering. Whether you are planning to join this college as a freshman student or planning to transfer to one of the SUNY’s campuses, consider joining SUNY Oswego.
Moving comes with lots of hassle, especially if you are moving along with several heavy boxes and/or bulky furniture. Seeking help from professional movers can save you from the stress. Luckily for you, A-1 Auto Transport offers moving services to or from SUNY Oswego.
Tips on how to make moving to or from SUNY Oswego easier
Keep the following tips in mind.
- Plan ahead: Relocation is stressful and time consuming if not well planned and organized. Come up with a moving plan and checklist then stick to it.
- Scope your space: Most college dorms are old and may lack air conditioning. You can consider packing a personal desk fan. If you plan to move into an apartment, check your room for any damage caused by previous tenants and inform your landlord. Ensure that all the utilities are working. For example, make sure you set up phone, cable, electric and internet before move-in day to avoid the inconvenience.
- Pack smart: When packing, your major goal should be to make the least amount of trips possible and to save on the cost of moving boxes and other packing materials. Pack smaller household goods into larger items if possible. You can even stuff the smaller items inside your beach bags, handbags or backpacks.
- Avoid moving during rush hour: If possible, move into your new place at least one day earlier. If you can’t access your dorm before signing in, try and find out a place where you can stay for a day or overnight. Moving when no else is moving will make hauling furniture and moving much easier.
- Liaise with a professional auto transport company: Moving yourself may mean making several trips and having a lot of tasks to perform. Hiring a mover can help you a great deal. Get their estimates and ask for discount.
Why you need a professional moving company for your SUNY Oswego move
- If you are looking for stress-free move, hire professional movers to handle the entire process for you.
- You may have no idea on how to handle fragile items or lifting heavyweight furniture. Professional movers can do that for you.
- Professional moving companies cover your goods through reputable insurance companies so you don’t need to worry about potential accidents and damages.
How to find the best university moving company
Seeking referrals from family and friends who have recently moved can also help you find the best mover. Do more research online to find out the opinion of other past clients. You can also visit Better Business Bureau to get more information about customer reactions.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Company makes your move to or from SUNY Oswego the most memorable and exciting moment by taking away the hassle from moving. We do that by:
- Packing for you all your household goods using the necessary equipment.
- Lifting, loading and unloading heavy furniture and moving boxes.
- Offering interstate and out-of-state full service moving. It does not matter whether you are moving from within the country, state to state or internationally.
- Cleaning and arranging your new dorm or apartment as you relax.
- Giving you moving advice if you resort to move yourself.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We are the only professional mover that has unwavering and long-term experience in serving SUNY Oswego current students and alumni. We are not only conversant with the routes leading to the college, we are also cognizant of all the concerns and needs of any student moving to or from SUNY Oswego. We always strive to keep the trust we have built over the years by hiring professionals and training them to serve you the best way possible. We also use state-of-the-art equipment to handle all your goods, from the heaviest and to the most fragile. The safety and timely delivery of your belongings are our daily business.
Contact Us Now
Find out more about our services by contacting us on 888-509-3213 or visiting our website on a1autotransport.com/services. You can also fill the form at the top of this page and get a FREE non-obligatory quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.