State University of New York at Old Westbury (SUNY Old Westbury) is a dynamic and diverse public liberal arts college located in Old Westbury, New York. It is the only public college that offers liberal arts on Long Island, with a population of more than 4,500 students. It is determined to foster academic excellence through close interaction among the faculty, staff and students. SUNY Old Westbury intertwines the values of community engagement, global citizenship, and integrity into the fabric of its campus life and academic programs. Through an environment which nurtures creativity, empathy, intercultural understanding and critical thinking, the college endeavors to build a more sustainable and just world and to stimulate a passion for learning. Join SUNY Old Westbury and be part of a community of staff, students, alumni and teachers bound together in mutual respect, dedication and support to its mission. Moving could be the major challenge in your journey to joining this community. Don’t worry about the moving hassles because A-1 Auto Transport offers moving services to and from SUNY Old Westbury.
Tips on how to make moving to or from SUNY Old Westbury easier
Keep some tips in mind when moving to or from SUNY Old Westbury.
- Plan your move in advance: Prior planning is key to a smooth move. Find out the housing options available and pick the one that best suits you. You may opt to be a residential student; about 800 SUNY Old Westbury students live within the campus. First-time students are usually advised to live in campus. Getting an idea of the size and state of your new dorm or apartment helps you determine what to carry and what not to carry.
- Pack early: Get your packing material ready, such as moving boxes. Once you have assembled all the packing materials, start packing at least two weeks in advance. Pack the most essential items. Don’t carry the furniture or pool table only to end up with no space for them. If you are moving during the summer, you may not need your winter gear. You can pick them later during the breaks.
- Liaise with auto transport companies: Once you have packed your household goods, you can liaise with a professional mover to get estimates early enough. They can send their representative to your home to see the route and the size of the move. Compare rates from different movers so as to get the most suitable one.
Why you need a professional moving company for your SUNY Old Westbury move
There are many benefits of using a professional moving company, for example:
- Professional movers are well equipped. They have the right equipment to handle your goods.
- Professional movers hire well trained and experienced personnel to handle your goods.
- Professional movers are required to insure your goods. You don’t have to worry about potential accidents.
- Professional movers are more efficient and organized. If you let them handle your move, you get tasks done on time. You also save a lot of time which you can use to do other activities.
How to find the best university moving company
Getting a reliable moving company can be daunting. You need to dig deep. Get as much information as you can from family, friends and the internet. Confirm the legitimacy of each company and their experience. You can do that by reading customer reviews on Better Business Bureau or any other website. You can also verify the licensing records of the company at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Company offers a wide range of moving services to and from SUNY Old Westbury such as:
- Full-service moving right from your door, whether you are moving within the country or internationally.
- Flexible moving storage for students moving out of state or needing to empty their closet during the semester.
- Moving consultancy or advice
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
For over 20 years, A-1 Auto Transport Company has been offering moving services to students moving to or from SUNY Old Westbury. This gives us vast experience in handling the SUNY Old Westbury community. We are also familiar will the routes. We handle your items using state-of-the-art equipment and give you straightforward estimates. Our customer service is friendly and always willing to attend to you anytime. We believe that students need time to study, engage fully in out of class activities and have fun. Moving should not interfere with any of these activities, so we take the stress out of the process.
We are waiting to serve you anytime. Contact us on 888-509-3213 or visit our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Don’t forget to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com