Moving is a process that is often considered to be daunting, and at most challenging, by most folks. In our long tenure in the moving industry, we have noticed that the reason why moving is such a difficult process is the lack of knowledge and proper preparation. In spite of this, people all over New York and America still move for various reasons. Some of the most common reasons for moving include moving to have an easier commute to work, moving to a better neighborhood, moving to join the university or after the completion of one's studies. Therefore, your move to or from SUNY Farmingdale is a pretty common and seasonal move made by students each year. We can, therefore, assure you that you need not fear that your move will turn out to be challenging. Our company has had over twenty years of experience moving all kinds of clients from homeowners to business owners and students just like you with great success. If you stick with us, you can be sure to have a seamless and hassle-free move.
How to have a seamless student move
Moving is an exciting time especially for students as it spells the beginning of life as an adult in campus or in their first apartment. Here are some tips to make the relocation as stress-free as possible.
- Calculate your moving costs: Moving has lots of costs that you should factor in before you can start the process. Calculate all the costs that you are bound to incur whether you are doing a DIY or an assisted move. Calculating your moving costs will ensure that you stay within your budget.
- Get free moving boxes: As a student, you are probably moving on a tight budget. Look for ways to cut costs like sourcing for free moving boxes. You can get boxes that you can recycle from supermarkets and liquor stores. Furthermore, furniture stores also have lots of boxes they would not mind giving away.
- Hire a moving company: You should consider hiring a moving company. This is one of the most seamless ways to move because professional movers will take on your move in its entirety.
Advantages of hiring a professional moving company
There are various benefits tied to hiring the services of a professional company. Some of these benefits include;
- Your items are insured: During the moving process, the moving company should extend its insurance to your items during the move. This will help you in case of loss or damage to any of your properties.
- Convenience: Professional movers are in the business of moving and relocation; your friends and family on the other hand are not. Why dont you use the most convenient service without inconveniencing your loved ones?
- No multiple trips: When the moving company does an inventory of your items, they are able to provide you with a moving truck that will accommodate all belongings at once. This will save you lots of time as well as fuel costs.
How to find a good moving company
We have compiled some tips and tricks to help you find the best moving company for your student moving needs.
- Get references: Ask for references of local moving companies from people you can trust such as friends and family members. You could also contact the local real estate agents and offices for some more recommendations.
- Insist on a walk-through inventory: Before signing up a company, insist that they send a representative to inventory your items before providing a moving estimate. This will ensure that your moving estimate will provide an accurate cost of moving.
- Dont pay a hefty deposit: Most professional companies require a very small percentage of the entire moving cost paid up-front. A company that insists on a large payment upfront is one to avoid because then, you will be at their mercy. Remember to make payment only after all your items have been delivered.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A1 Auto Transport Inc, we have a wide range of moving and relocation services which include the following; local and long distance moving, interstate and cross country moving, nationwide and international moving services. Moreover, we offer packing and unpacking services, full service moves, loading and unloading services, hauling services, moving labor for hire, and access to affordable moving companies.
Benefits of moving with us
We are fully licensed and insured with over twenty years moving experience. Additionally, we are fully accredited by the BBB, AMSA and the ProMover. Our track record is traceable and trustworthy.
Call us today
You can reach us today via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Furthermore, you may fill out the form at the top of this form to contact us.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.