When you consider moving, how do you feel about the entire process? It is understandable that most people feel that moving is a challenging project. This is because moving can be a daunting task if not handled in the right way. What is the right way to handle a move? This is a question that we will answer you on this page as satisfactorily as we can. You see, our company has been in the moving industry for over twenty years now with great success rates. We therefore know for a fact that our moving advice is professional, tried and tested. As you prepare to move to or from the State University of New York at Cortland, you can be sure that we have moved thousands of students just like you in New York and all over the country. Not only have these moves been stress-free, we have ensured that our customers keep coming back to us by upping our moving game every time.
How to hack your student move
Here are some tips to ensure that you hack your student move to or from university dorms.
- Recycle packing boxes and materials: Buying packing boxes and materials can set you back in your moving budget. Instead of buying bubble wrap, why don’t you consider using old newspapers, blankets and so on? Furthermore, you can re-purpose old boxes to use as your moving boxes.
- Use your luggage: Your luggage has lots of space which you can used to pack items like books and even clothes and shoes. Utilize this space and you are bound to buy fewer moving boxes saving you some money.
Advantages of hiring a professional moving company
A professional moving company like ours is best placed to handle any kind of move, be it a small student move or an entire household. Here are the reasons why.
- Experience: Experience in the moving industry is invaluable as it trains the companies on the job and which methods to best employ during moving. Furthermore, experience makes a professional company easier to trust than a bunch of your well-meaning yet clueless friends.
- Trained moving crews: Your friends and family may be willing to provide all the moving labor you need, but are they trained to handle different moving tasks? Professional moving crews are trained on how to do the heavy lifting with no injuries, how to handle fragile and bulky items and so on.
- Customer service: Professional moving companies will offer you professional customer service throughout your move. This will include free moving advice and tips, as well as their availability to answer any questions you may have about the move. In fact, some moving companies have a 24-hour customer service number that you can call at any time.
Finding the most suitable professional mover
Looking for a professional moving company that is best suited to your student moving needs can prove to be a daunting process. Here are some tips to help you along.
- Use word of mouth: For the longest time in the history of marketing, word of mouth is the most believable form of advertising. Find out what friends and family have to say about the local moving companies and take their word for it.
- Insurance: Find out if the company is insured. You do not want your items being hauled around by a company that has no insurance. In case of any damage or loss, an insured professional mover will be able to compensate you.
- Be specific: Students’ moving needs may not vary greatly from a household move. However, some aspects need to be discussed with the mover before you can sign on the dotted line. The company that is able to meet all your moving needs is the one to go with.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
We offer long distance, local, state to state, national and international moving services. Additionally, we offer full service moves, specialty handling and transporting of pool tables, furniture disassembly and reassembly, professional moving estimates, moving labor for hire, dorm arrangement, packing and unpacking services, access to affordable moving companies as well as auto transport and clean and secure moving storage.
Why you should move with us
A-1 Auto Transport Inc is fully licensed and insured. We are also members of the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover. Moreover, we have consistently good rankings on the Better Business Bureau platform.
Make the smart move
Call us today for all your moving needs and queries by dialing 888-509-3213. Furthermore, you may contact us by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.