What is the most vivid picture that comes to mind when you consider moving? For most people, they envision a difficult time while for others, they see a challenging process. Despite this, folks in America move consistently every year with over 40 million folks relocating annually. People move for different reasons, with the people who move the most being renters more than homeowners. Furthermore, the age group within which most people tend to move is between 18-35 years. This covers students as well who are looking to join or leave a university like SUNY Cobbleskill. As you prepare for what might be your first adult move this year, we can assure you that it does not have to be challenging or even daunting. Judging from our experience spanning over twenty years moving students just like you in and all over New York with great success, your move can be stress-free.
How to have a seamless student move
In order to enjoy a stress-free and seamless move to or from university dorms, here are some tips to get you started on the right track.
- Put essentials in a clear plastic bin: There are some items that you are bound to need as soon as you land in your new home. These could include phone chargers, paper towels and toilet paper and even instant noodles. By packing these in a clear bin, they will be conspicuous and you wont have to go through dozens of boxes to find what you need.
- Pack an overnight bag: Your first night in your new apartment or dorm room will find you exhausted and without the willpower to dig through boxes to find a toothbrush or clean underwear. Therefore, you should pack a small overnight bag that could contain a change of clothes, toothpaste and toothbrushes, and basically your daily toiletries.
- Create a valuables only box: Keep aside a small box which should hold your valuable jewellery, documents and any other small memorabilia that you cherish. Keep this box within your sight at all times and also ensure that you dont pile it together with the rest of your moving boxes.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
There are tons of benefits tied to hiring the services of a professional moving company. Some of these benefits include the ones listed below.
- Professional inventory: No one enjoys taking inventory; it can be tiresome and mind-numbing. Professional movers on the other hand employ the best practices to take professional inventory of your items in a timely and efficient way.
- Efficiency: Professional movers are very efficient when it comes to the task of moving such as lifting heavy boxes, loading up the trucks and so on. This is because they use tools and equipment to make the processes more efficient and simpler.
Tips to finding the best student moving company
It can be a daunting task to search for a suitable moving company from among the thousands of moving companies out there. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Interview the moving companies: Research the local moving companies. Using the information that you have collected, you can now call up the moving companies and interview them. Find out as much as you can about the services that they offer as well as their rates.
- Make a choice: Based on your phone interview, you can make an informed choice on which moving company to use. Moreover, your choice should not just be based on the rates and services you require, but it should also be based on their phone etiquette as well as reception
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A1 Auto Transport Inc, you can be sure that we have a wide array of moving services for you to choose from. Some of these services include international, local, state to state and nationwide relocation services. Additionally, we offer full service moves, packing and unpacking services, moving labor for hire, access to clean and secure moving storage as well as auto transport.
Why moving with us is the best move you could make
Our company has been in operation for over twenty years now with great and consistent ranking on the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, we are fully licensed and insured. Furthermore, we are members of the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for solutions to all your moving needs or queries. Moreover, when you fill out the form at the top of this page, one of our representatives will be in touch with you before long.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.