In America, moving is widely popular with the average adult moving a total of 12 times in their entire lifetime. Despite the number of times a person has to move, they still consider moving a daunting project. This could be due to the fact that people rarely prepare well enough for a move. Besides, most people disregard all the tasks that make up the entire moving process, thereby having a difficult time on the actual moving day. As a student, you are facing your first adult move as you relocate to or from State University of New York at Brockport this fall. However, you can be sure that your move does not have to be challenging especially if you follow our valuable moving tips and insights. Our company has been in the business of moving families, businesses and students just like you in New York for over twenty years. We have had considerably great success with all our moves, and we know that your move will be no different.
How to achieve a smooth student move
Here are some reliable moving tips to ensure that you have a smooth move to or from university.
- Scale down: Pack only what you need to carry. Don’t pack ‘just in case’ items. You are better off buying these items if and when you require them after moving. Sell, donate or trash any extra items that you no longer need.
- Don’t overfill the moving boxes: In a bid to use fewer moving boxes, you may get tempted to overfill the boxes making the flaps unable to close well. Not only could this damage some of your items, but it will make the boxes too heavy to be lifted safely.
- Keep your valuable items safe: Do not pack items such as jewellery, money and personal documents together with other items. Have a bag or a small box that you will keep close to you at all times.
Advantages of using the services of a professional moving company
Moving with the services of a professional moving company comes with a host of benefits such as the ones outlined below.
- Saves you money: Because the moving company will provide all the moving services, equipment and supplies that you need in one place, you are bound to save some money.
- Saves you time: Not only will a professional mover finish your move in a fraction of the time you would have done it, they also save you time by providing everything at once. You do not have to traverse the city searching for different moving supplies and tools from various suppliers.
- Saves you the stress and hassle: Moving can be stressful because of all the hassle involved. Professional movers will handle all the aspects of your move as agreed on contractually, keeping you sane and stress-free during the move.
Finding the best moving company
When you are looking for a moving company, you should consider some aspects before signing any contract. Here are some of these aspects.
- What are your needs?: Decide exactly what services you will require from a moving company. Do you require a full service move? Or do you just need packing and unpacking services? Furthermore, will you need any extra moving labor? All these will guide you in your search for a suitable moving company.
- Research reviews: While researching views on the internet is a good way to find out if a company is reliable or not, you should also research views from those you can trust like family and friends. Do not rely entirely on internet reviews to make a decision.
- Follow your gut: Once all is said and done, you should follow your gut. If a company checks all the boxes, but you can’t shake the niggling feeling of unease in your gut, you probably should not sign them on.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A-1 Auto Transport Inc moving services
We have a wide array of moving services ranging from full service moves, furniture disassembly and reassembly, university dorm moving, apartment moving, pool table handling and transport, moving boxes and supplies, affordable moving companies, free moving advice and clean moving storage. Moreover, we move you locally, nationally and internationally.
Why you should make us your moving services provider
We are a moving company that was established over twenty years ago. Additionally, we are fully licensed and insured. Our company has an American Moving and Storage Association Membership and our BBB ranking has remained good over the years.
Call us today
You may reach us by dialing 888-509-3213 or by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com