Moving is a process which most people find challenging. Despite this, moving is still an exciting time as it presents an opportunity to begin life afresh in a new community. Moving seems to be a process which Americans have a bittersweet relationship with based on their moving tendencies. Take for instance the number of people who move in a year, it makes up a whopping 17% of the entire country’s population! People move for different reasons, one of the most common ones being to have an easier commute to work. Students, on the other hand, move because they are either joining or leaving university. As you get ready to move to or from St. Mary’s College of Maryland , you might be completely bewildered about the entire process. However, you need not be afraid; we are movers with integrity who have been in the moving business for over twenty years now. Furthermore, we have had lots of experience moving students just like you throughout Maryland and the entire country with great reviews.
Tips to have a stress-free student move
Moving as a student need not be fraught with stress. We have compiled some moving tips that will help you to have a stress-free student move.
- Think positive: Get into the right frame of mind for your move. Do not be negative or expect to have a hard time because you will not have to put much effort in making your move easier. Embrace your move and look forward to it.
- Start early: Moving requires one to begin all their preparations at least 8 weeks in advance. This includes packing, changing your mailing address, contacting the movers and so on. Early preparation keeps you from rushing at the last minute, which can be stressful.
Why you need a professional moving company
Moving is a process which is best left to the experts; professional moving companies. Here are some advantages of using these services.
- For peace of mind: As we have mentioned above, moving can be a tedious process and one that can drain you mentally and physically. Once you hand your move over to the professional moving company, you can relax and let them handle all the details of your move.
- To prevent injury: Moving involves heavy lifting and lugging of heavy items around. If these practices are not done well, the chances of hurting yourself are pretty high. Leave the heavy lifting to the professionals since they are trained on the best practices to employ in order to avoid injury.
How to find the best moving company
The moving industry has grown in leaps and bounds, meaning that there are many more moving companies out there than they were when we began ours over twenty years ago. It is vital that you settle on a company with a good reputation and avoid the cons. Here are some tips to help you along.
- Check licensing: The last thing you need during your move is a mover with incorrect or no licensing at all. Lucky for you, the industry is streamlined in a way that allows you to check the legitimacy of a company’s licenses. You can visit the FMCSA’s website to check the mover’s license using their unique US DOT number.
- Get recommendations: This is an important step as you begin to look for a moving company. Ask people that you can trust to recommend some local moving companies that they have used recently. Moreover, you can use reviews on the internet to check what past customers have to say about the services of a particular moving company.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
We offer a wide range of moving services which include local and long distance moving, interstate and state to state moving, coast to coast and international moving services. Additionally, we offer full service moves , access to affordable moving companies, furniture disassembly and reassembly, moving labor for hire, pool table transport, moving storage as well as auto transport.
Why you should move with us
We are a fully licensed and insured moving company with over twenty years of experience in the moving industry. Our company is also fully accredited by the Better Business Bureau and the American Moving and Storage Association. Furthermore, we are a recognized ProMover with great customer reviews. Therefore, you can trust us with your student move as we have moved thousands of folks over the years and our track record is exemplary.
Make the right choice
Call us today on 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Alternatively, you may fill out the form at the top of this page and we shall contact you as soon as possible.