St. Joseph Long Distance Moving Companies
The city of Saint Joseph is the county seat of Buchanan County, Missouri. It was named after the biblical Saint Joseph. It’s the eighth largest city in the state with over 80,000 residents. St. Joseph also hosts the Missouri Western State University which is renowned for sports and musical bands. Move to St. Joseph with A-1 Auto Transport and experience remarkable moving and vehicle relocation services. Visit the Missouri River and enjoy fine wine at Tipple Hill Winery.
Why you should hire a moving company
- Speed: The experience, equipment and training enable movers to work fast. Moving companies use trolleys and ramps to move heavy items much faster than human labour. A single trolley works at the speed of three people.
- Protect your items: Moving companies know how to keep your items safe from packing to moving and unpacking. They routinely handle moves and hence counter any possible accidents. They wrap the items safely and strap them on moving equipment to avoid any damage. Items are packed in padded boxes and loaded in air-cushioned trucks. The experienced drivers are aided by real-time satellite tracking to avoid potholes and extreme weather.
- Cost-effective: Hiring movers can be more cost-effective than self-moves. The company arrives with adequate moving resources which ensure there are no shortages on moving day. They work within the assigned timeline which eliminates the possibility of additional expenses due to delays. Moving companies also have insurance for all moves they conduct. In case accidents occur, the customer is repaid accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best mover in St. Joseph
Move around the neighborhood or workplace and ask a few familiar faces about their experiences with a moving company. You can know whether to contact the company or discontinue your pursuit. Most people will offer vibrant reviews if the company had exceptional services. Note down the companies and run them on review websites.
Sites such as Yelp or Better Business Bureau allow customers to narrate their experience at the hands of moving companies. Check through the comments to determine the company’s level of experience and how they handle customers.
Ask several listed companies for an in-house estimate and compare their rates. A reliable moving company will hand you a full estimate with no hidden costs. It points out the delivery window, total moving charge and extra services. Ensure that you inform the company about all the items you want moved to avoid surprises on moving day.
Run the company’s USDOT number on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to verify the company’s authenticity and competence. The association ensures all movers operating across states are licensed and insured. You can also check whether the company provides supplemental insurance for delicate and valuable items.
Simplify your move with these awesome tips
- Draw up a moving budget after the company hands you an estimate. Get several templates online and use them as a guide. This ensures you don’t incur additional expenses during the move.
- Scale down your stuff. We tend to amass too much stuff over time that we rarely use. Some items may also be damaged or outdated. Sell or donate them to reduce the moving weight charged and increase your hauling efficiency.
- Get free boxes from org or the U-Haul customer exchange forum. Clean and tape them along the edges. You can also pad them on the inside with towels, blankets or recycled newspaper.
- Exchange contact information with the movers and confirm the delivery address. You don’t want your items being shipped to a similar address in a different city.
- Avail yourself on delivery day to inspect your items. If there are any damages inform the mover and lodge a formal complaint if necessary.
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Looking forward to an exciting moving experience, then A-1 Auto Transport is the place to be. We have an experience of over 25 years and integrate the most advanced equipment in our services. Our professional personnel are committed to ensuring your items arrive safely and within time.
- International moves
- State to state moves
- Senior moves
- Door to door relocations
- Full-service moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Military relocations
- Pet transport
- Vehicle transport
Get in touch
Try out our exceptional services; call us on 1-888-509-3123 or find us at A1-Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of our page for great discounts.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.