Whenever you are considering hiring a moving company, always do your own research. Part of this research may involve using the internet and taking a look at some reviews. Obviously, hearing from actual clients is a great way to find out exactly how the company operates and the type of service you should expect. The problem is that this is an industry know for scams. So how do you know if the review itself is real or fake? Here are a number of ways to spot fake moving reviews.
In a normal review an actual customer will simply focus on the good or bad points of their moving experience. They may also give a little bit of details about why they really liked (or didn’t like) the particular moving company. Therefore, if a review is overly descriptive, there is a good chance it is fake. In many cases, it might actually be written by the company itself. A huge giveaway is a review that sounds more like a book or a story, describing every single step of the process.
By the same token, instead of being overly descriptive and reading as a story, the review might be very, very positive. This is another indication that it could be fake. If the review is completely praising every aspect of the moving company without saying even one thing that could have been just a bit better, chances are this is fake. They may even actually try to make some unverifiable claims, like this company has all of the services anyone will ever want.
If a review is completely destroying the moving company, chances are pretty good that it is fake or the reviewer is exaggerating to make their point. They may have had a bad experience with the company, but certainly not everything went wrong. Another possibility is that the review was actually written by a competitive only interested in scary away new potential customers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Look in several of the reviews to see if they use similar language, story lines, or just a repetitive type of structure. In this case, what may have happened is that a person was actually paid to write these reviews. Yet, they weren’t able to keep their own personal style from showing throw, leading to a fair amount of symmetry in several reviews. Be careful of such a company.
Discovering The Truth:
But there is hope. Finding out the truth is a simple matter of doing your research:
- Use multiple websites and sources: Check out places like the Better Business Bureau and use government resources such as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Read the reviews also, with the above tips in mind.
- Check the credentials of the company: Verify company age and ownership along with anything like a Department of Transportation number. These are easy to do and will save a lot of trouble.
For more tips and tricks on how to find honest and reliable movers, please visit our moving resources and guides TODAY!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory