Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
If you have large, bulky and unusual items that you cannot bear to leave behind, in most cases they can be moved with you. Of course, special items like a tree, plant, or even a piano may need some special types of movers. Believe it or not, there are companies that focus on only moving these types of items, which can make the entire process much less difficult on your end.
Specialty Tree Movers
Moving a large tree isn’t an easy process. In many cases, the roots extend deep underground and this will involve specialized equipment in order to extract, transport and replant your tree(s). Be sure to do thorough research, since the cost for moving a tree can be quite high. Also, get multiple estimates.
This is what the tree moving process usually entails:
- Preparation: The receiving site (i.e. the final destination of your tree) will be prepared. This normally involves clearing all obstructions and then digging a hole the appropriate size to accommodate the tree and all its roots.
- Extraction: Next, your tree will be attached to a piece of equipment called a hydraulic spade. This works to dig out the tree and scoop it up.
- Transportation: The extracted tree, along with the spade, is securely attached to a truck and taken to its new destination.
- Transplant: Finally, the tree is carefully placed in the new hole and all the spaces are filled back in with soil. Space is carefully removed and the tree is ready in its new location.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Specialty Plant Movers
Most plant movers suggest that the cool weather is the best time for such a move. Therefore, planning for an early spring or late fall move seems to work the best. There are legitimate plant movers that should be found and researched in a manner similar to every other moving company.
Be sure that you are very clear as to what your responsibilities might be before the move. This might include putting the plants into plastic pots (ceramic ones can be broken too easily), watering them and feeding them before the move. Also, administer any pest control treatments. Basically, during the moving day, the movers will be responsible for packing, loading and transporting your plants.
The type of piano you have may determine exactly what methods will be used by the specialty moving company. Once again, you’ll want to research carefully and obtain multiple quotes before choosing the best option for you. Ask each company about their:
- Crating and uncrating procedures
- Insurance policies
- Assembly and disassembly…and when this may be needed
- What type of equipment they may be using for your particular move
When they do arrive at your new location, make sure they know where the piano is to go. There needs to be enough space to facilitate the unboxing or crating, as well as any reassembly that may be required.