Southgate Long Distance Moving Companies
While moving could be overwhelming, the good news is that a professional moving company will make it very easy. Your move to Southgate doesn’t have to be stressful, let our specialists give you a moving experience to remember. We are located in Michigan, ready to offer unique services including vehicle transport.
Top 5 tips to make moving easier
- Take inventory of your belongings to help you know what you own. The list should provide a detailed description of the condition of your items so that you can easily tell if they were delivered in the state they were in before the move.
- Go through every room and sort your items into three categories; to keep, to donate and to dispose of. Place them in separate boxes and contact a charity home in your locality to collect them. If there are items that can be sold, hold a garage sale and use the money to purchase new furniture.
- You need packing boxes for your stuff. The cartons should be strong to hold your items safely. Consider purchasing them from movers since they have boxes designed to carry specific items like dishes and electronics.
- When labeling your boxes remember to indicate which rooms they belong to and what's inside. This way, it will be easier to unload and unpack at your new place. Remember to let the movers know which boxes should be loaded last so that you can easily access them.
- Start packing several weeks in advance, one room at a time. Try packing at least two boxes every day starting with the items that are used less frequently. The process of packing can take you longer than you planned, so the sooner you begin the better.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- Professional services: Moving can be a stressful affair. There are so many tasks ahead of you that need to be accomplished and with the limited time available, it can get frustrating. However, when you hire professional movers, they take care of the logistics and help you relocate comfortably.
- Experience: Movers are trained to handle a move safely and make timely deliveries. This is what they do day in day out. They have perfected their skills and are prepared to deal with any obstacles along the way. They are able to complete the move quickly and more efficiently. They even know the safest routes to use to dispatch your belongings and how to maneuver the trucks in bad weather.
- Your safety: Without the necessary skills, you won't be able to haul heavy pieces of furniture from your home and load them into the trucks. A slight mistake may cause serious bodily harm that can lead to several nights in hospital. Professional movers are here to make sure you're safe during the move by doing all the heavy lifting.
Ways to find a professional moving company
- Determine your needs. If you're moving long distance, it's ideal to hire an interstate mover. Different companies offer different types of services and the costs vary as well. It's important to enlist the services of a moving company that will accommodate your needs.
- A reliable mover is compliant and has the relevant credentials to run a transport business. Visit the FMCSA website to look for your mover and check their history. The site provides access to valuable information on moving companies such as their contact details, the location of their premises and the number of complaints lodged against them. This will help you pick a mover wisely.
- Get insights from other people’s perspective by reading online reviews. Consumers leave negative or positive comments depending on their moving experience with moving companies. However, don’t believe everything you read online. Some consumers may be biased and leave a misleading comment.
- Long distance moving
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Military relocation
- Office relocation
- Furniture relocation
Why hire us?
You want a company you can trust to deliver your belongings safely without delays. A-1 Auto Transport does more than transport your items; we offer personal support to guide you every step of the way. We want to make your transition easy and our staff will work to see that this is exactly what you experience with us.
For any concerns, complaints or compliments, don’t hesitate to talk to us on 888-509-3213. Get free moving estimates by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com