Moving To Or From Southern Oregon University (SOU)
Coming across students constantly moving to or from Southern Oregon University (SOU) in Oregon is a common scene just like any other college in the US. At the beginning of every summer, spring or fall, several freshmen students, transfer and re-enrolling students, from within the state, out of state or internationally, move with their heavy suitcases, moving boxes and furniture to start their careers in liberal arts, criminology, business, natural sciences and economics offered at SOU. At the end of the summer, spring or fall, thousands of students complete their programs and move out to serve their communities. The moving process is therefore part of a college life. It can be so stressful if you have a lot of luggage to move. To enjoy your move, bring a professional mover on board. The mover must be well conversant with your current locality and the place you are moving to. A-1 Auto Transport is an auto transport company that offers moving services to and from SOU.
Tips on how to make moving to or from SOU easier
You want to move to or from SOU but you don’t know where to start? Here are some tips on how you can make your move easier.
- Do some research on housing options and conditions: Get early information about the available housing options within the campus or rental apartments outside the college. Communicate with the landlords and the locals to gather clear information about the living conditions and status of the apartments. You don’t want to pay for a house only to end up realizing later that some utilities are damaged or the surroundings are unsafe for students. You should also know well in advance the available space to help you determine what can fit and what will not fit.
- Start packing early enough: If you wait until the last day to pack, you are likely to forget essential items, break fragile items and end up with disorganized boxes. Assemble the required packing materials such as the moving boxes and come up with a packing plan. Before you pack it, ask yourself whether you really need it. Packing summer gear when you are moving at the beginning of a winter does not make any sense.
- Hire a moving company: Moving by yourself is a difficult task. Get estimates from different movers and compare their rates. Settle for the most favorable quote.
Why you need a professional moving company for your SOU move
Here are the benefits of hiring a professional mover.
- Your belongings get handled by professionals guaranteeing you safe delivery.
- Your valuable items get covered from potential accidents by reliable insurance companies. This enables you to have a peaceful mind during the move.
- Professional moving companies offer full service moving. They come right to your home or dorm to pack, load, transport and unload your household items when they reach the final destination. This leaves you with plenty of time to perform other tasks.
- If you hire a professional mover, you save yourself and your beloved ones from injuries that may occur during heavy lifting and loading. Professional movers have the necessary skills and heavy lifting equipment.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best university moving company
The best way to get a reliable mover is to find out what the previous clients say about the company. You can get the views from family and close friends who have moved recently or visit independent sites such as Better Business Bureau to read customer reviews.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport offers a variety of moving services to students moving to or from SOU. Here are some of them:
- We offer a full-service moving from packing to unloading or arranging your household items in your new home.
- We give reliable moving advice to any student planning to move to or from SOU by themselves.
- If you have your own truck and van to move your goods but you lack heavy lifting equipment, liaise with us for help.
- We will help you store your excess items until the end of the semester or academic year.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
When moving to or from SOU, you don’t just need any mover; you must get the most reliable mover that is well conversant with all the routes leading to or from SOU. A-1 Auto Transport is the most reliable auto transport company that is well conversant with every route within Oregon and the entire US. We have successfully helped thousands of SOU students to move and we can help you too because we have established a cordial working relationship with the SOU community. From our jovial and highly skilled staff to our state-of-the-art equipment, we are always ahead of the rest.
Reach out to us
We are waiting to serve you anytime. Contact us on 888-509-3213 or visit our website on a1autotransport.com/services. Don’t forget to fill out our form.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.