Moving To Or From Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU)
For most people, moving induces feelings of anxiety and stress. However, no matter how much moving is viewed as a daunting or challenging experience, it does not have to be this way. As a student, you may be facing your first major move as you plan to move to Southern Connecticut State University. Alternatively, this may be your second move after finishing your undergraduate studies at the university. You may be preparing to move out of the dorms into your first apartment. No matter the reason for your move, you can rest assured that you are in good hands. A-1 Auto Transport Inc has been in the business of moving students all across the state of Connecticut and throughout the country. Our experience has proved to us that moving can be a stress-free experience, even for a student on a tight budget who is moving for the first or second time.
How to make your student move a stress-free experience
Moving need not be a stressful experience, especially for you as a student. Our vast experience in the moving industry has allowed us to compile tips to making your move stress-free. Here are some you can consider.
- Be prepared early in advance: Ensure that you begin packing weeks before your moving date. You can choose to pack away items you will not be using before your move such as extra clothes and shoes, duvets and blankets, sheets and so on. Have a goal to be at least 75% packed a week to your move.
- Label and number your boxes: Be sure to label your boxes as you pack. Additionally, you should also number them to keep track of your packing. It is advisable to pack contents from different rooms in different boxes as this makes unpacking easier. Therefore, if you have more than one box for the bedroom, you can label one ‘Bedroom 1’ and the other ‘Bedroom 2’.
- Hire a mover: Moving is a process which is best handled by the experts- professional moving companies. Consider hiring a mover to make your experience less stressful as they will handle all aspects of your move, leaving you to focus on other issues.
Why you need to hire a professional mover
Hiring a professional mover will help you to have a hassle-free and stress-free moving experience. Here are a few more reasons why you need to hire a professional mover.
- They are experienced: Professional movers are usually experienced in handling different kinds of moves; therefore your student move won’t be new to them. Additionally, their experience will afford you a fast, safe and efficient process.
- No heavy lifting for you: Once you hire a professional mover, they will provide you with the moving labor you require. This means that all the heavy lifting and hauling will be left to them. Remember that heavy lifting without proper training can cause injury and strain.
- They are trustworthy: You can trust a professional moving company to handle your items with care and professionalism. Once you contract them, all your items will be in their care until the day they deliver them to your new abode.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Finding the best university mover
It is important to know what to look out for in a professional mover that will suit your university move. Some of the qualities to look for include.
- Location: Look for a mover near you. A local mover is better placed to offer you services such as on-site estimates as opposed to one based in a different state. Additionally, a local mover will have more recommendations as they are more likely to be hired by the local residents.
- Seek recommendations: Ask for recommendations from friends and family for movers that they have used recently. Furthermore, you can ask local moving authorities in your area to recommend a few reputable moving companies.
The moving services offered by A-1 Auto Transport Inc
We are a fully fledged moving services provider with a wide array of services. Some of the services we provide include local and long distance moving, cross country and interstate moving, nationwide and international moving services. Furthermore, we offer vehicle transportation, furniture disassembly and assembly, full service moving, moving labor, trucks for hire and so on.
Why you should move with us
Other than being a fully-fledged moving services provider, we have over twenty years in the moving industry. Furthermore, we are a fully licensed and insured moving company with American Moving and Storage membership.
For all your moving needs, you can reach us on 888-509-3213. Additionally, if you fill out the form at the top of this page, we shall be in touch with you shortly.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com