The most populated city in El Dorado County, South Lake Tahoe is located in northeastern California. It is an all year round play-ground offering various activities for every age group. You can take part in skiing and snowmobiling in the various trails provided during the cold months of winter, go fishing and biking during spring, swim, dive, paddleboard, kayak, drive in an ATV through the rugged terrain, go boating, paragliding and take part in many other activities available. If you would like to save time when you are moving around from activity to activity, visit with your own vehicle. If you would like it shipped, partner with us for a truly stress-free shipping experience. A-1 Auto Transport is a US-based auto shipping company that is dedicated to providing its customers with fast, quality, and reliable shipping services at prices that you will love. We have been shipping cars to or from South Lake Tahoe for quite a long time. We have what it takes to pull off any shipping job.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|South Lake Tahoe to San Francisco||$188||188 miles||1 - 2 days|
|South Lake Tahoe to Las Vegas||$445||445 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Oklahoma City to South Lake Tahoe||$934||1558 miles||5 - 7 days|
|South Lake Tahoe to Dallas||$998||1664 miles||5 - 7 days|
|South Lake Tahoe to Nashville||$1100||2200 miles||6 - 8 days|
|New York to South Lake Tahoe||$1101||2753 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Detroit to South Lake Tahoe||$1119||2238 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Miami Beach to South Lake Tahoe||$1243||3109 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we ship to or from South Lake Tahoe
The city covers a land area of about 10.2 square miles which makes it fairly easy to ship to any location. We often use U.S. Route 50 and State Route 89 when shipping cars to or from South Lake Tahoe. Thanks to our customized shipping services, we are also able to ship to any location in the neighboring cities and towns of Carson City, Truckee, Reno, Sparks, Placerville, Sun Valley, Cameron Park, Auburn, North Auburn, Fernley, Grass Valley, Folsom, Rocklin Orangevale, and Lincoln. We can also arrange for a pick-up or drop off to other locations that are not included in our regular schedules.
Our dedication to providing quality services can be seen in the positive testimonials satisfied customers leave on our website. It is the reason 97% of them recommend us to their families and friends. We offer a wide variety of services for our customers to choose from, including:
- Open-air shipping. This is one of our most affordable and popular services. Your vehicle will be shipped on the back of an open-sided carrier or on the back of a flatbed.
- Terminal to terminal transport. This service coupled with the open-air one make up our most affordable service. It is the most common service. You will have to drop off your vehicle and pick it up once it has been transported. Although it is affordable, it is not convenient for people shipping non-operational vehicles since you will have to make your own shipping arrangement to deliver and pick-up your vehicle to and from the terminals.
- Interstate car towing
- Door to door transport
- Shipping for the military
- Shipping for college students/faculty
- Shipping for snowbirds
- Freight shipping
- Heavy equipment shipping
Types of vehicles that we ship
Having the right equipment is important when shipping a wide variety of vehicles. At A-1 Auto Transport, we have what it takes to accommodate the various types of vehicles available. Some of those that we ship include:
- We have shipped trucks to various locations around the world for over 20 years. We are certified, bonded, insured to ship to any of the 50 States in America including Alaska and Hawaii. Some of the various types of trucks that we have shipped include semis and commercial trucks, pickup trucks, tow trucks, dump trucks, firefighting trucks etc.
- Golf carts
- Luxury cars
- Electric cars
- Salvaged vehicles
- All-terrain vehicles
How to prepare your vehicle for the shipping process
- Always make sure that your vehicle is properly serviced. This reduces the chances of breaking down during shipping and hence avoids delays.
- Take out any aftermarket installations and your personal items from the car.
- Only leave about a quarter tank of gas in your vehicle since it is only driven during loading and offloading.
- Take photos of any damages your vehicle might have.
- Deactivate and remove all toll tags and parking passes.
- Disable your car's alarm system.
- Make copies of your car keys.
Ship with us
If you are looking for a shipping company that puts your interests first and cares for your shipment as much as you do, then you are in the right place. At A-1 Auto Transport, the customer is king. Ship with us and experience the peace of mind that comes with shipping with a world leader.
Feel free to call us on 1-800-452-2880 for any additional information regarding shipping cars to or from South Lake Tahoe.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇺🇸 South Lake Tahoe - El Dorado, California (CA) 96150
Our Services and Information
Motorcycle Domestic Destinations
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September