South Elgin Long Distance Moving Companies
Did you know that on average a person moves approximately 12 times in their life? Whether you are moving across the country or overseas, there are dozens of decisions to be made. You need to figure out how to move your worldly possessions across thousands of miles safely. Hiring a professional moving company in Illinois will help you relocate with ease. A-1 Auto Transport has been around for close to 30 years, and understands moving. Don’t let your move to South Elgin be a burden. Call us today and we’ll be happy to help. We also relocate vehicles.
The best moving tips
- Don’t book your moving date on weekends. The rates are generally high, and traffic is terrible. Opt for a weekday instead when fewer people are moving.
- Pack all the ‘must-have' items such as prescriptions, bedsheets, pajamas, bathroom necessities and toiletries in a bag that can easily be distinguished from the rest. This will save you the headache of rummaging through dozens of boxes on your first night.
- Use unprinted newsprint to wrap breakables like plates and cups. Newspapers will stain your items and should be avoided. Pack your dishes vertically and stuff soft clothes to fill any spaces left.
- Reserve a parking spot if you live in a built-up area. This will allow the movers to have easy access to your household items and avoid the risk of penalties for parking on the wrong spot.
- Clean your fridge thoroughly and dry out any liquids to prevent the growth of mildew. Leave the refrigerator doors open for at least 24 hours before moving to get rid of any nasty smell.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Free up your time: Moving is not just transporting your items; contacting the utility company, cleaning your old apartment, and transferring your license are some of the other concerns you need to address. When you hire professional movers, you get enough free time to focus on these tasks.
- Efficiency: Professional movers pride themselves in getting things done quickly and effectively. They have all the resources to pack, load and unload your items within the shortest time possible. They are highly skilled in handling delicate and bulky items to ensure they are delivered without any damages.
- Organization: The moving process can be overwhelming and confusing if you go the DIY way. With professional movers, everything is executed according to a properly laid out plan.
- Insurance cover: Since you’ll be entrusting your belongings to the hands of strangers, you need to be assured that they will be handled with care and delivered to your home. Professional movers are insured thus providing adequate protection for your possessions. In case of a loss, you are sure of reimbursement.
Ways of finding reliable movers
Get a few companies to give you their moving quotes so that you can compare the rates. While it might be obvious to hire a cheap company, it’s important to consider the quality of services they offer.
Read moving reviews from reputable sites such as Angie’s List. Customer reviews will give you an idea of how a particular moving company handles its customers. You’ll be able to learn a lot from other people’s experiences.
Check the reputation of a moving company by visiting the Better Business Bureau. If there are any complaints filed against the company, read carefully to find out if they were resolved quickly. The BBB also ranks moving companies based on their performances over the years. Higher ratings mean quality service delivery.
We handle the following services
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Residential and commercial moving
- Furniture relocation
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Long distance moving
- Storage services
- Packing supplies
- Cheap South Elgin movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We are focused on our work and prepared to overcome any obstacles that may arise along the way. We pride ourselves in staying ahead of our competition by providing high-quality services at affordable rates. We deliver on our promises and ensure you’re settled in your new home in no time. Our dedicated team is ready to support you with any moving concerns. If you want a reliable, reputable and efficient moving company, A-1 Auto Transport is just a call away.
Get in touch
Call us now on 888-509-3213 and it'll be our pleasure to attend to you. For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.