Best South Dakota Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Moving day is coming and you can already feel the anxiety. Stress is starting to well up and butterflies have taken root in your stomach. Nothing is done, no one has agreed to help you yet, and you haven’t even called your utility companies to let them know of the impending move. We have all been there! Moving is a difficult job, especially if you attempt to do it yourself. There is a way to save a whole bunch of frustration and possibly a few damaged walls and floors in the process. You could consider hiring a professional full service moving company out of South Dakota to help you. They can deal with getting all your stuff down narrow hallways and tight doors while you take comfort in knowing that everything will be waiting for you in your new home. The stress is gone, and the excitement of your new home can begin!
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Sioux Falls to Denver||505 miles||$2,540- $3,179||$4,963- $7,178||2-4|
|Pierre to Chicago||664 miles||$2,742- $3,442||$5,394- $7,822||3-5|
|Memphis to Mitchell||742 miles||$2,814- $3,536||$5,548- $8,053||3-5|
|Dallas to Sioux Falls||753 miles||$2,867- $3,605||$5,659- $8,215||3-5|
|Indianapolis to Pierre||800 miles||$2,842- $3,572||$5,602- $8,124||3-5|
|Pierre to Atlanta||1124 miles||$3,320- $4,194||$6,623- $9,652||4-6|
|Mitchell to Seattle||1199 miles||$3,352- $4,238||$6,698- $9,771||4-6|
|Mitchell to Portland||1214 miles||$3,464- $4,384||$6,939- $10,131||4-6|
|New York to Mitchell||1243 miles||$3,569- $4,522||$7,182- $10,514||4-6|
|Miami to Sioux Falls||1543 miles||$3,772- $4,782||$7,590- $11,101||5-7|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in South Dakota? We know it can get a little cold in South Dakota, and if you’re thinking it’s finally time to move to Florida permanently, we are with you 100%. We have helped people move all over the country from your home state, and we can help you too. Before you decide to fork over a lot of cash for a commercial mover or worse, decide to save a few hundred dollars doing it yourself, talk to us first. You might be surprised to learn how affordable it can be to have someone do the hard part for you.
A1 Auto Transport is a leader in the transport world. We are known for transporting cars, boats, and heavy freight, and can also assist in long-distance moves. Take a look at your move, create a plan as to how much you’re taking, where you’re headed, and then connect with us. Once we know more about the logistics of your move we can get you an accurate quote and get you started with your transport. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your South Dakota Long Distance Movers
Picking the right moving company is important. Make sure you are getting the best option for your money by doing a bit of research.
- How many years of experience does this company have: Don’t skimp on the experience. A company that has been around for a long time has seen it all. They know how to handle problems, and aren’t a fly by night operation that is going to load up your stuff and disappear.
- Are they registered with the Department of Transportation: The law states that interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. You should make sure that they are registered before doing business with them.
- Look for testimonials and reviews: The internet is a wonderful resource for determining the trustworthiness and professionalism of a company. Sites like YELP and Google reviews have made it easy to make sure a company has a reputation for excellence. Look closely for reviews that explain how problems were solved.
- Does the company have insurance for the entire value of your belongings: The law requires insurance to cover only $0.60 per pound. Some companies go further than that and provide insurance on the full replacement value or depreciated value of the items. You need to know which the company you are working with is offering.
- Additional services: What additional services does a moving company offer? Will they offer packing and unpacking services? How much do these add ons cost?
- Consider using a local company: This helps guarantee that you will be able to reach the company if there are any problems.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Local and long distance moving, whether it is state to state or coast to coast
- Furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, office furniture and equipment, etc.
- Commercial, apartment, or residential house moving
- Military relocation
- Student relocation
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Interstate or cross country moving
- Cheap South Dakota movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My South Dakota Long Distance Movers?
Things like the distance you are moving and the amount and weight of your belongings will determine how much you will pay for a moving company to handle your move. Other things that can affect the price are fuel costs, additional services, and even the time of year you are moving. You should call the moving company for an accurate quote. Most will be more than happy to give you a free estimate.
Before Signing the Contract with a South Dakota Mover
- Verify all the information on your contract. Check to make sure the addresses and phone numbers are correct.
- Any additional services and their costs should be clearly listed and itemized on your moving agreement.
- The insurance and liability policy should be spelled out in the contract.
- Consider keeping your jewelry valuables with you
- Check your homeowner’s insurance policy to see if it covers damages that may occur during a move.
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet from the moving company for your records.
South Dakota Cross Country Movers for Hire
Brouwer Relocation Inc.
4800 N. Velocity Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Double Duty Portable Storage and Movers Inc.
46963 Monty St.
Tea, SD 57064
6204 W 12th St.
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
South Dakota Storage Facility Directory
Sodak Storage LLC
4311 E. Colorado Blvd.
Spearfish, SD 57783
Elk Vale Storage
4049 Homestead St.
Rapid City, SD 57703
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.