Best South Carolina Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Moving can take a toll on even those coolest and most reserved among us. It is requires a ton of time and effort. You have to find a place that has a bunch of boxes like a grocery store. After weeding out the ones that are covered in food and other gross things, you have to pack everything you own into them taking special care to wrap everything in newspaper so it won’t break when the friends who couldn’t think of any excuse to get out of helping you fast enough inevitably drop it. Then you have to figure out the complex geometry and physics that tends to determine how to twist and lift a sofa just right so that it will fit through your front door. After that battle you have to drive everything to your new home and do the whole process again in reverse. Needless to say, it is a tough job, but it doesn’t have to be. You could hire a qualified South Carolina moving company to do all that lifting and twisting for you.
Choosing Your South Carolina Long Distance Movers
Don’t just go to the phone book and pick out the first moving company you see. It is important to make sure the company you are working with will be trustworthy. Be sure to do your research. These tips can help.
- How many years has this company been in the moving business: Make sure any moving company you are working with has experience. You want to work with professionals, not a couple of guys who bought a used moving van and work out of their garage.
- Look at reviews online: Sites like Yelp and Google reviews can be incredibly helpful in determining how a company does business. They won’t tell the whole story, but it can provide valuable insight into what you will be able to expect.
- Insurance and liability: The law only requires moving companies to insure $0.60 per pound of your possessions, however, some companies will offer more. It is in your best interest to inquire what their policy on this is.
- S. DOT Registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number. This is especially important if you are moving across state lines.
- Services: Different companies will offer an array of convenient services to help you make your move even easier. You should find out what the company will provide and what they charge extra for.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Local and long distance moving, whether it is state to state or coast to coast
- Furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, office furniture and equipment, etc.
- Commercial, apartment, or residential house moving
- Military relocation
- Student moves
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Interstate or cross country moving
- Cheap South Carolina movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My South Carolina Long Distance Movers?
Many factors will determine your moving costs. It mainly depends on how much stuff you have to move, how far you are moving it, and if you have requested any additional services from the company such as packing and unpacking. The best way to get an accurate quote is to call the company with this information. Most companies will be happy to give you a free estimate.
Before You Sign That Contract
- Every service you need should be listed on the contract, including any extra fees.
- Double check your old and new address as well as your phone number.
- Make sure you know your company’s policy on damages and replacements.
Helpful Moving Advice
- Transport jewelry and other valuables with you
- Check your homeowner’s insurance policy. It may cover damages as well.
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet, displaying any damage that occurred before the movers were involved.
- Leave all the boxes in the rooms that they got packed it. Don’t stack the boxes in one area.
South Carolina Cross Country Movers for Hire
1501 Key Rd. G
Columbia, SC 29201
320 Frontage Rd.
Greenville, SC 29611
3955 Christopher St.
North Charleston, SC 29405
South Carolina Storage Facility Directory
9005 Two Notch Rd.
Columbia, SC 29223
3905 W Beltline Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29204