Somerville Long Distance Moving Companies
Somerville is a borough in Somerset County, the state of New Jersey. It lies along the Duke Farms which are known for expansive undeveloped natural habitats. People often visit for nature walks, biking or camping. The city also has classic England buildings with some being over a century old. If you have a move planned, engage A-1 Auto Transport. We are the most experienced moving and vehicle relocation company in Somerville.
Why hire a moving company?
- Peace of mind: Long distance moving is the most time-consuming and expensive kind of move. You need adequate experience, labor and skills to make the move a success. Moving companies know what a long distance move entails. They handle the most complicated and time-consuming tasks and leave the simple tasks to you. This ensures you have adequate time and are calm to handle the rest of your move.
- Affordability: Professional movers are cost-effective compared to do-it-yourself (DIY) moves. They handle moves routinely; hence know how to protect your items to avoid losses. They also use an estimate for each move they handle where they calculate all moving costs such as labor, fuel, hidden charges and unforeseen circumstances. This ensures the move has no additional costs. In case your items get damaged in their possession, they have insurance which compensates you accordingly.
- Long distances: Keeping your items safe when moving for long distances is quite challenging. There are risks such as road accidents which can damage your items and cause bodily-harm. Moving companies know all the risks involved in long distance moving. They use experienced personnel to pack and load your items and then transport them using experienced drivers in modified vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips to locate a reliable mover
- Suggestions: Get friends, relatives or co-workers who have used moving companies in the past to suggest reliable movers. First-hand information from a trustworthy source is reliable and accurate.
- Customer reviews: Check how previous customers rate their experience with the moving company. Past customers narrate their experiences with movers at the company’s customer testimonial page. It is among the best methods to understand the quality of a company’s customer service. Reliable movers have positive reviews and little complaints while unreliable movers have multiple complaints and negative reviews.
- A moving estimate: Get a moving quote from at least three companies. Inform the company of all items you want moved including any pets or bulky items. This ensures they provide an accurate estimate. An estimate should include all moving costs, hidden costs and unforeseen circumstances. Beware of companies that offer low quotations. They are often laden with hidden costs.
License and insurance
Ask movers for their USDOT number and enter it on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. They regulate all state to state moving companies to ensure safety along the highways and when handling the customer’s items.
You can also verify a company’s:
- Moving resources-drivers and vehicles.
- Type of household items moving license.
- Safety rating. Check it against the national average safety rating.
- Pending violations such as handling household items without a license.
Simple tips for a flawless move
- Plan your long distance move months in advance. Early preparation enables you to get the best moving company, moving supplies and a good moving deal. This also ensures your move is efficient and accomplished within your timeline.
- Downsize your move. Separate the items you do not need and sell or donate them to Goodwill. Begin with the garage items and then proceed to furniture and clothing. The heavier your load the higher your moving charges.
- Sort out items such as toiletries and clothes that you will need on arrival, and pack them in a first night bag. They come in handy the first few nights before you finish unpacking or if your stuff gets delayed.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have over 25 years of experience in the moving and auto transport industry. We provide our services across all 50 states of the country and overseas. We have also invested heavily in mechanization to ensure our services are of high quality.
Our moving services
- State to state moves
- Local moves
- Small moves
- Military moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Storage services
- Pet transport
- Vehicle relocations
- Storage services
Check us out
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.