Somerville Long Distance Moving Companies
A-1 Auto Transport is a reliable moving company based in Massachusetts that has been providing moving services for over 25 years. Our experience and reputation give us an edge over other moving companies. We are here to make your move to or from Somerville fun and fulfilling. We also offer vehicle transport services.
The best moving tips
- Collect all the nuts and screws from your furniture in a Ziploc bag and tape them to their respective pieces of furniture. This way, they won't get misplaced during the move.
- Clean your items as you pack. Wipe the dust off your furniture and electrical appliances before wrapping them to make it easy to arrange them at your new house. Trying to clean as you unpack will waste your time and make the job complicated.
- Hire a reliable moving company to help you move. Many hands make the work lighter and movers work in teams so that you settle into your new house within the shortest time possible.
- You don’t have to pack alone. Any help you can get from your friends will drastically reduce the workload and help you finish the packing process before moving day. Prepare a nice meal as a show of appreciation for the help.
- Contact your service providers and have your utilities transferred to your new address a few days before moving. This way, you won’t have to spend your nights in the dark or shower with cold water!
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Stress-free moving: With professional movers, you get peace of mind knowing that everything is going to be okay. They are trained to get the job done fast and efficiently. Those items you thought were impossible to carry will be handled by the movers with ease. You don’t have to participate in any of the activities since the movers will take care of everything.
- Your safety: It's risky to move heavy items without proper skills. If you trip and fall, you expose yourself to physical harm. This can be avoided by hiring professional movers. They have the right tools and equipment that they use to keep everyone involved in the move safe. Let them do the heavy lifting because they know the techniques to lift heavy pieces of furniture and load them into the trucks.
- Affordability: Professional movers use a predetermined method of calculating the moving cost. They consider factors like distance and size of your move to provide accurate estimates. They are transparent in their dealings and you don’t have to worry about hidden expenses.
- Liability: A moving company is responsible for your items and will do their best to prevent any damages or accidents from happening. They provide adequate insurance cover for your household items making you eligible for reimbursement in case of any misfortunes.
How to find a trustworthy moving company
Check if your mover is properly licensed by the relevant authorities. Moves within the same state are regulated by the state, while long-distance moves are regulated by the FMCSA. Ensure the mover has a USDOT Number clearly displayed on their trucks.
Go for a moving company that has vast experience in the moving industry. The longer a mover has been in business the better their services. Don’t take chances with moving companies that are still new in the industry. If you're moving out-of-state, look for a mover that specializes in interstate moves since they’ll have more experience.
Ask for references before hiring a moving company. You want to get as much information about them as possible and talking to people who have moved in the past will be helpful. Get recommendations from your family and friends. Shortlist a few companies from their suggestions and do your homework by researching them further. Only hire a moving company you feel comfortable working with.
- Military relocation
- Door to door moving
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- Vehicle transport
- Storage options
- Packing and unpacking
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
We honor agreements and show up on time ready to complete your move professionally. Our staff receives extensive training making them the best in the market. They will handle your household items with respect and pack them carefully to prevent any damages. At A-1 Auto Transport, we don’t just move house, we also offer storage services and give free advice to our clients so that they may transition with ease.
Hire us today!
Make your reservation with us. Call 888-509-3213 to receive the best moving services in Massachusetts. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org