Dubbed 'the Danish Capital of America,' the city of Solvang is located in Santa Barbara County, California. Thanks to its Danish founders, the city has a Danish style of architecture which attracts over a million tourists every year. The name Solvang is Danish for 'sunny Fields,’ reflecting its all year round sunshine characterized by warm days and cool nights. The town celebrates a lot of Danish festivals which also attract various people from around the world. It is also a famous location for cyclists who converge here to hold two amateur events in a year. If you would like to visit the area, you are advised to come with your own vehicle. If you would like your vehicle shipped, just get in touch with A-1 Auto Transport. We are one of the leading shipping companies in America and have been shipping cars to or from Solvang, the rest of America and all over the world for over 25 years. We offer our clients fast, efficient, and quality services at prices they will love.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Solvang to San Jose||$250||250 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Solvang to Salt Lake City||$607||810 miles||3 - 5 days|
|San Antonio to Solvang||$889||1482 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Solvang to New Orleans||$1011||2023 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Solvang to Kansas City||$1043||1739 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Washington, D.C. to Solvang||$1116||2790 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Solvang to Miami Beach||$1148||2872 miles||7 - 9 days|
|New York to Solvang||$1167||2910 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we ship to or from Solvang
The city covers an area of about 2.4 miles allowing us to ship to any location in and around it. We have a team of properly trained and experienced drivers who will ensure that your shipment arrives safely and in the stipulated time. The major routes we use when shipping cars to or from Solvang include State Route 246, U.S. Route 101 and Highway 154.
People living in the cities and suburbs around Solvang such as Lompoc, Isla Vista, Goleta, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Capinteria, Arroyo Grande, Grover Beach, Pismo Beach, Taft, San Luis Obispo, Port Hueneme, Morro Bay, and Atascadero also enjoy our services.
We always strive to be the best at what we do. That is why we offer more services than our competitors, which endears us to most customers. You can find a wide array of shipping modes and options in our service catalog. Some of the services we provide include:
- Warehousing and storage facilities. We have numerous warehouses and storage units scattered all over the United States. We are capable of housing temperature sensitive items such as farm produce to prevent it from losing its freshness before it gets to its destination. We can also store your car for you if you are unable to pick it up immediately after it arrives.
- Multi-car shipping. Shipping multiple vehicles together at a go is a great way of making savings. Since the vehicles are picked up and delivered to a centralized location, you save on the fuel that would have been required to make deliveries had it been to different locations, and the handling fees.
- Enclosed shipping. This service offers the best security that money can buy. Your vehicle is shipped in a covered container which protects it from direct sunlight, harsh weather, debris damage, and theft. It is normally used by people shipping expensive and vintage cars.
- Dealer to dealer transport
- Shipping for snowbirds
Types of vehicles that we ship
When it comes to shipping vehicles, there's none that we can't ship. Through our vast experience, we have identified what it takes to ship many different types of vehicles, and how to handle them. We can accommodate any type of vehicle, from the smallest to the largest. Some of the vehicles that we have shipped include:
- Sports cars
- Service utility vehicles such as firefighting trucks, snow shoveling trucks etc.
- Classic vehicles
- Salvaged cars
- Golf carts
- Rollers, dredgers
- Alternative fuel vehicles
Preparing your vehicle for the move
Here are some of the tasks that you are supposed to carry out:
- Ensure that your vehicle doesn't have too much fuel in the tank. About a quarter-tank should suffice.
- Remove all your personal belongings and aftermarket installations to avoid getting fined by the authorities or your items being stolen.
- Take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic to be serviced.
- Photograph all the damages that your vehicle has.
- Disable your toll tags, parking passes, and alarm system.
- Make extra copies of your car keys.
Ship with us
We bring years of experience coupled with industry knowledge which ensures that you will get a smooth and hassle-free shipping experience. All our deliveries make it to their destination in one piece and in the agreed time-frame. Ship with us, ship with the best.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.