Smyrna Long Distance Moving Companies
Smyrna is a great city with lots of parks and is an ideal place for families to settle. The homes are unique with beautifully planted trees for privacy from neighbors. It's revitalizing to see new faces and experience different weather conditions. Luckily, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help you with your moving needs. We are a Georgia based professional moving company offering exceptional moving services locally and beyond. We also relocate vehicles.
The best moving tips
- Declutter your house. Sort your belongings in groups of those to sell, dispose of, or donate. You can hold a garage sale to sell items that you no longer use but are in good condition.
- Get enough boxes of different sizes for packing your stuff. Ask moving companies near you if they provide packing supplies or source them from the stores. Additionally, remember to get tape, newspaper, towels and plastic wrap for wrapping your boxes.
- Packing may take time to complete. If possible, get your friends to help you out. You may invite them during the weekends with a promise to cook dinner or offer drinks. Friends and family may drastically help reduce the duration of packing.
- Before you start packing, create a strategic plan. For efficiency, pack from room to room. For instance, if you start with the kitchen, pack everything before moving to the living room. This will make unpacking and arranging your new house fast and effective.
- Clearly label the boxes with the room they belong to and the contents inside. This way, when movers come in they will know how to handle them and exactly where to place each box in your new house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire professional movers?
- Packing services: Most people dread the packing part of a moving process. Fortunately, professional movers are experts in this field and will be happy to help. Their crew has skills to pack, load and unpack at your new home. You get time to do other important things such as setting up your utilities.
- Efficiency: Professional movers train their staff to work with speed when packing and loading your household items. They utilize space well and can safely pack breakables such as glassware. They help get you settled fast saving time and money.
- Equipment: Lifting bulky and delicate items such as pianos or pool tables needs special attention for safety reasons. Professional movers have all the right tools to carry any of your items and load them safely into the trucks. Their drivers are skilled in handling the trucks well to ensure your items don’t break while in transit.
- Storage options: You can have safe and secure storage facilities to keep your household items should you need to move into your house later. Movers provide flexible payment options depending on how long your items will be stored.
How to find a reputable mover
Ensure you are hiring a legitimate mover by visiting the FMCSA website to verify the company credentials. The agency is responsible for licensing all moving companies who adhere to federal safety regulations. Interstate movers should have a USDOT Number while intrastate movers should be licensed by their relevant states. In Georgia, the Department of Public Safety gives movers authority to operate within the state.
Ask for recommendations from friends or family who have moved in the past. Shortlist 3-5 movers and research on their rates, services offered and track record. Check a company’s complaints record before making a decision.
Consider hiring a mover who is BBB Accredited. The bureau gives credibility to movers who have maintained high standards of service and quickly respond to consumers who were dissatisfied with their services. Customers can also submit their reviews and ratings based on their moving experience. However, don’t base your decision solely on reviews as they may be biased or false.
Our moving services
- Vehicle transport
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- College moving
- Interstate moving
- Furniture relocation
- Packing and unpacking
- Coast to coast moving
- Local and international moving
- Cheap Smyrna movers
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport
You can count on A-1 Auto transport to provide top-notch moving services and deliver your belongings safely and securely. We offer the most competitive rates in Smyrna. Our customer positive reviews prove our commitment to serving you better regardless of the size of your move.
Get free quotes
Call our customer service on 888-509-3213 and get details of our moving solutions. To get your free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.