Deliver Your Home Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for moving to or from Sleepy Hollow, New York
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-800-518-8708
Sleepy Hollow Long Distance Moving Companies
In Westchester County, the state of New York is the village of Sleepy Hollow. The village got its name from the legend of the headless horseman. Sleepy Hollow mainly relies on tourism with people flocking from all over the world to view the Hudson River, haunted houses and graves of notable poets and story writers of the 19th century. If you have a move planned, talk to A-1 Auto Transport, the most trusted moving and vehicle relocation company in New York.
Why hire a moving company?
- Multiple household goods. Moving a huge number of items can be quite stressful. Moving companies have adequate personnel that have the expertise to move numerous household items safely and deliver them within the agreed time. They also use modified trucks to safely move your huge load. This ensures they perform a single trip which saves money and also minimizes the chance of risks.
- Speed. Moving companies handle moves on a daily basis. The experience acquired over time increases the speed at the various tasks such as packing, loading etc. They have the capability to carry the items through narrow pathways and steep staircases safely and are also aided by moving equipment which increases their speed.
- Professionalism. You want your move handled professionally. Moving companies apply this from the language used with the customer, their attire and merchandise which is clearly branded such that is easily identifiable. All transactions are documented and communication channels open such that if you have a problem with their services, they have an efficient and effective channel for resolving the grievance.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Find a solid moving company
- Get a directory of reliable moving companies from the American Movers and Storage Association. It has over 3,500 moving companies in the country. They perform thorough background checks on companies before registering them. They also train their members and ensure they abide by their rules and regulations. A-1 Auto Transport is one of the early members of the association.
- Use the Better Business Bureau to conduct background checks on moving companies. You can check the company’s service record, consumer complaints and pending violations. The organization monitors the activities of moving companies to ensure they are up to the required standard. The organization also accredits moving companies to ensure they adhere to the set rules and regulations. It is advisable to deal with accredited companies since they answer to the organization.
- Key in the company’s DOT number at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to verify:
_ Its physical address.
_ Household goods moving license.
_ Moving resources.
_ Insurance information.
- Contact several moving companies and ask them for a moving quote. Compare their rates and services to establish the average charge for each moving service. This helps you bargain for a better deal such as reduced rates and a few extra services for free. Choose the company with the most affordable rates and a convenient delivery window.
Tips for a stress-free move
- Long distance moves need a 2-3 month prior preparation period. The more time you take to plan your move, the more efficient it becomes. Early planning ensures you perform all the tasks to your level best. This means there will be no shortages, confusion or any last minute rush.
- Create a moving plan. Mark moving dates on the calendar and your personal notebook. You can also put reminders on electronic gadgets or bright notes on doors.
- During the first month, ensure you have set up your change of address at the United States Postal Office, sourced for moving supplies and informed your friends about your move.
- Around 3 weeks to the moving day start packing your items. Begin with seasonal items as your proceed to everyday items.
- Moving day should be used to deal with simple and swift tasks like signing documents and saying your goodbyes.
A-1 Auto Transport’s services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Military moves
- Vacation moves
- Senior moves
- Local moves
- Packing and unpacking
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have a 98% success rate with the moves and vehicle relocations we have conducted over the past 25 years. This has been enabled by our professionally trained personnel and advanced moving equipment.
Try us out today
We would like to hear from you. Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and reserve your moving spot. Check out A-1 Auto Transport and fill out the form at the top of our page for a free no-obligation quote.