Skokie Long Distance Moving Companies
The former ‘World’s largest Village’ has progressed into the fastest growing suburb of the state. Skokie was regarded as an extension of Chicago due to the proximity and the utilities shared. The city has most residents working in Chicago and settling in Skokie. The beaches have spectacular views and a myriad of activities on any day. People often go swimming, kayaking, canoeing and birdwatching. Moving in Illinois may not be easy. It requires an experienced and professional mover to make it flawless. A-1 Auto Transport is among the few movers who can make your move stress-free.
Why you need professional moving services
- Affordability: Most people underestimate the moving costs by focusing only on pricing. A self-move involves; renting equipment, buying supplies, injury, breakage and the time used. Putting these into perspective, the total cost would go beyond the price of a professional mover. Worst case scenario, the move is not insured. A professional mover ensures the costs are kept to a minimum to avoid overrunning the budget. All unforeseen circumstances are handled with experience and executive training.
- Less chance of accidents: Imagine a refrigerator falling off the tenth floor of an apartment? The situation would be disastrous, and apart from the breakage, someone may get serious injuries. Moving heavy equipment requires expertise and equipment. The items need to be strapped and accompanied by adequate well-built employees.
- Insurance: Moving companies are bound by the law to provide valuation coverage for free. The insurance chosen is at the customers’ discretion. The basic content insurance is set at 60cents a pound, while all workers are under the basic workers compensation welfare.
- You have time for yourself: Moving companies have full-service moves. They handle all processes starting from packing up to storage/house arrangement. This allows you to conduct your business normally without interruptions.
- No discontentment with friends: Moving requires adequate labor from all quarters. This means enlisting help from people close to you. Most would rather be left alone than help with your move. They are aware of the strenuous tasks and will offer any excuse not to show up. Movers ensure you don’t solicit the help of your friends. They arrive with adequate manpower to handle the entire process.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best mover in Skokie
IMAWA has a comprehensive list of 88% of Illinois movers. They categorize the employees according to specialty and locality. Any moving company which has been a member of IMAWA for more than 10 years is trustworthy. All members abide by the associations rules and disputes between customers and movers are solved amicably.
Request for quotations from different companies and compare the services offered against the price. A low quotation does not necessarily mean reduced costs. The quotation may be riddled with hidden charges.
Check the reviews and ratings of companies on sites like BBB. They asses moving companies in the state and rate them accordingly. A mover who is rated A and above, provides superb services.
The best tips for a successful move
- Get organized. Use a calendar to mark moving dates. Plan your schedule professionally so that the activities do not conflict.
- Procure moving supplies from stores such as Home Depot months in advance. You can also rent or get them for free at com and U-Haul. Check the condition of the boxes because the organization needs them back in the same condition they left
- Enlist help beforehand. Packing and loading are very tedious activities and require as many hands as possible.
- Save time and call the movers as soon as you are ready. Ask relevant questions where you have doubts. Conduct a final sweep and ensure nothing is left behind.
- Change your address on USPS and update it on I am moving. They have a reach of over 1500 businesses.
Why use A-1 Auto Transport?
Our employees are trained to handle any type of move and answer queries satisfactorily. We have a customer support page that is open 24/7 and has been rated among the best by Transportreviews.com. Our customer testimonials page also relays the quality of our services.
Our services include
- Affordable long distance moves
- Office moves
- Full-service moves
- Apartment relocations
- Pet moves
- Senior moves
- Local moves
- Storage services
- Military moves
- Cheap Skokie movers
Call us now
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.